Monday, April 20, 2020

Monday Message


"We face many serious challenges in the world today, but I assure you that our Heavenly Father is mindful of us. He will guide and bless us as we put our faith and trust in Him and will see us through whatever difficulties come our way." Thomas S. Monson

We all are having hard times. We just need to remember who we are. We will have to work a little more but that's okay, we can do that.

Gus and Missy are here to tell you that even though you are staying safe at home you can make your home a wonderful place to be...


I saw this somewhere and so I did this for Gus and Missy. I had two boxes, then I took two of my t-shirts and you just put the shirt on the box with the neck on the open side of the box like you see in the picture. The shirts are intact but now they have little forts.


In my spare time I have been making cloth masks to be donated to our hospital. Our governor asked for all who could sew to make them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inJQexwK8Yg&t=602s - this is the one I am making in picture above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zd8LM3ISRo - simple to make.

It is time to be thinking about planting your vegetable garden, be it in pots or in the ground. One thing I want to do is have a pot with lettuce up on the porch so I can just go out the door and get it. Think outside the box. Get creative, like I plan to just put squash in a hole that I will clear the sod off of. So think what you can do and don't dwell on what you can't do.



My Chocolate Cake

1 ½ c. boiling water
¾ c. butter
2 c. sugar
Stir together till butter is melted and sugar is dissolved
Add:
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ c. cocoa powder
Mix well and add…
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
Blend well, batter will be thin.

Put in a sprayed 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees till done, check after twenty minutes.

Whenever we had tough times I would make this chocolate cake. We had it at other times as well but as long as there was chocolate cake our kids thought things were normal and they would not be afraid. Though we knew we were in tough times, it made us feel better too. So I made sure we always stored ingredients to make it.  I still do in fact make this cake, we had it this very week.

What fun things are you doing while home bound? I think you all know I made kitty caves with t-shirts.

I think this will be going on for a while so try to have fun times...

Have a popcorn party!

We once had a Carnival when our girls were very little. We set up bean bag toss and fun things all around the living room with yummies at the end.

We use to have a huge dress up box. Just toss in some of your clothes, scarves, hats, shoes, and big jewelry. The kids love it!

We use to go on a safari with our grandson and we would go in and out and all around till we found the stuffed toy giraffe.

Have a family swap. Have everyone bring some things to the table they no longer want and that others might want.

Set two or three objects for each person then go around and one at a time they pick an item and make a fantastical story up about that item.

I am sure you have wonderful ideas. Share them with us in the comments below!

We will get through these times with stories to tell.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful encouragement today. I'll have to search for a box for my kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your kids had a very fun place to grow up in. I was wondering if you had previous blogs where you wrote about your difficult times.? Was this during the Great Recession? I always learn new things when I read these types of stories and get great encouragement that even during difficult life situations there is a way to make it through. Also, I have a number of the frugal books that you have displayed over a couple of your recent blogs. I get them out occasionally to keep myself on track. Always appreciate your blog and your cake looks delicious. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I am not sure perhaps I have but it would be moving far with no money and down sized jobs oh yes we had our last boss had trouble so cut our pay in half even for the same amount of work we needed the insurance as my husband had heart surgery but then he had to cut that half in half and then in the end same amt of work no pay only insurance that was really hard but we have never ever had much for pay as we married two weeks out of high school we were high school sweet hearts so there was college and Kids I stayed home with them so I learned a lot of frugal bought used which has blessed us so much yard sales were a real blessing lots of work going to them more work having them as well when money was tight which was a lot we would just have our choc cake and find free fun along the years I learned many skills which still serve us well

      Delete
  3. That chocolate cake looks delicious! I may have to make it. I am re-arranging and decluttering my craft area this week. Hopefully then I will have a workspace instead of dragging everything over to the kitchen table to work on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you I too have been reorganizing things it helps me have some control when life seems way out of control. This cake I got the recipe from a neighbor when we were in our first yrs of being married I have never ever had one better in all these years

      Delete
  4. QUERIDA BECKY: TU SIEMPRE CON BUENAS IDEAS, REALMENTE APRECIO TUS PUBLICACIONES. AQUI SEGUIMOS EN CUARENTENA, SIN CLASES, SIN SERVICIOS DE LA IGLESIA, LO ESTAMOS HACIENDO BIEN, ESTAMOS TRANQUILOS Y CONFIANDO EN DIOS PARA QUE EL SUPLA TODA NUESTRAS NECESIDADES, TENEMOS ALIMENTOS ALMACENADOS Y EN NUESTRA HELADERA TAMBIEN. UNOS DE ESTOS DIAS, PUBLICARE EN MI BLOG LO QUE ESTOY HACIENDO ULTIMAMENTE, SOBRE TEJIDOS, BORDADOS Y COSTURA. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are the same here no classes and no church we do it at home but a member of our stake presidency give us a talk over the internet we are doing our part by staying home I have been doing some organizing stay safe

      Delete
  5. "So think what you can do and don't dwell upon what you can't do" I smiled when I read this Becky. I have just walked my dogs up to the front fence, which I do most afternoons and as I walked I was thinking of the importance of staying focused on what I can do and not to worry about what ifs and things I can't do at the present time.

    I think your cat caves are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i guess great minds think alike give those pooches a hug from me

      Delete
  6. I love that kitty fort idea! Miss my Ursula-girl. Don't think my Labrador would get it ;). Your chocolate cake recipe is soooo good. I've made it and loved it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...