Monday, November 23, 2020

Monday Message

"Start now to create a plan if you don’t already have one, or update your present plan. Watch for best buys that will fit into your year’s supply. We are not in a situation that requires panic buying, but we do need to be careful in purchasing and rotating the storage that we’re putting away. The instability in the world today makes it imperative that we take heed of the counsel and prepare for the future." (L. Tom Perry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlcILxGmVrI&ab_channel=TheChurchofJesusChristofLatter-daySaints - healing power of gratitude, so important, especially this time of year.

I'm grateful for my mother-in-law. Today would have been her birthday, she passed from Covid and is truly missed.

It will take a lot of work to get this pandemic under control so we must all be willing to pitch in and do what is required and that will be sacrificing, whatever it takes.

We do not know what lies ahead so keep putting in storage as you go and keep learning skills.

It has taken days for this next step in the weaving class.

If you look at the bottom stretch, nothing I did would change it. Every time was the same mess, I spent days trying everything that could be done. I looked at it from every angle. I finally started again with the first lesson but it was wrong too. Now I thought what could it be? So I undid it, crawled under the loom yet again. It hurts a lot but I redid the tie up, checking carefully I found one tie up was wrong. So I started the first pattern again and it was finally okay. That made me think, could this have been the same problem with the second pattern (AKA the one on the bottom). So I took it out and crawled back under to change the tie up for it and back up and tried again… success! Now it was working and the part on the top was achieved but it was days in the making and lots of pain. Did I ever learn a lot about the loom though, so it was educational.

Missy says, “do I need to inspect those treadles??”

This I tell to you to show you learning isn't always easy but keep trying and eventually you will get it.

If you look at last week's post you will notice the bread recipe (I make this in quart jars as a mix). Here is what I made out of one of those bread mixes today...


These are yummy and would be great on a cold winter day!

Gus says now is the time to stock up as holiday sales are here and this will save you money.

Remember winter is coming. You might want to study up on hygge, it will soothe our nerves after this very hard year. Find fun things to do at home...

When our kids were little we would set up our living room to be a carnival. We had a ring toss, bean bag toss races, and yummies to eat. We also had game areas with treats.

Make your house hygge using what you have around!

2 comments:

  1. BECKY: AQUI TENEMOS UN REFRAN QUE DICE: PERSEVERAS Y TRIUNFARAS, ASI QUE, SI NO SALE BIEN LA 1 VEZ, SALDRA EN LA 2, SINO EN LA 3 VEZ Y SALDRA, ASI ES, ENSAYO Y ERROR, NADIE ES PERFECTO, TAMBIEN COMETEMOS ERRORES EN LA VIDA, TENEMOS QUE LEVANTARNOS Y SEGUIR HACIA ADELANTE. AQUI LOS DIAS SE ESTAN PONIENDO CALUROSOS, PRONTO COMENZARA EL VERANO, MALO, MALO PARA MI QUE NO ME GUSTA EL CALOR, PERO TENDRE QUE VIVIRLO DE ALGUNA MANERA. ¿COMO ESTA TU CLIMA? ¿CAE NIEVE EN DONDE VIVES? HICE UNA PUBLICACION HOY EN MI BLOG, SI DESEAS PUEDES PASAR. BENDICIONES HERMANA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi we did get snow yesterday but it melted when it rained today your days are getting warmer my days are getting colder ...it took me a long while to finish it bug I kept at it I have to say I checked it and checked it like three times but now I will check very closely

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...