Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday Message - Last minute Christmas!

Here's a DIY ornament that's easy to make - Get the tutorial here.
Provident living class:  Dec. 17 at 9:30 a.m. at the Shook's will be part two of the ear warmer. You can join us even if you were not here for part one, I will catch you up.
 
“There is a portent of stormy weather ahead to which we had better give heed…No one knows when emergencies will strike…Set your houses in order. If you have paid your debts, if you have a reserve, even though it be small, then should storms howl about your head, you will have shelter for your wife and children and peace in your hearts. That’s all I have to say about it, but I wish to say it with all the emphasis of which I am capable” (CR, Gordon B. Hinckley, Oct. 1998, 70-72; Ensign, Nov. 1998, 53-54).
 
http://www.lds.org/topics/food-storage - food storage info on Church site
 
 
 
 
I know it is a lot of sites but I wanted to save you from having to search. These sites above are from Joanna Ebanks, she has such wonderful knowledge.
 
Then I wanted for you to have some ideas on different traditions to start with your family to add to the ones you already have....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Last minute and frugal gift ideas as things get more hectic for you...
 
 
 
 
 
These below are wonderful ideas for maybe stocking stuffers... They are broken down by age groups.
 
 
 
 
And last but not least we are running ourselves ragged, take time to look at these to see if anything can help you to simplify and I want you to find time to rest, eat well and get sleep cause it gets crazy!
 
SIMPLIFY
 
 
 
Remember to keep adding a little at a time to your storage it will add up in a big way
 
Remember to visit your Sisters. I know I appreciate when I am visited by my visiting teachers, it always helps uplift.
 
Remember those who are less fortunate even if all you can afford is to pray for them!
 
I am thankful for all I have learned in this calling and hope in some way I have been helpful to you.  I am proud of you when I hear good stories of neat things you do for each other and for those in need and what you are doing to live the gospel. It makes me proud to be in our ward.  Thank you everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...