Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday Message

New year=new skills to learn! Weaving is one of the things I'm learning more about in 2015!
"In words of revelation the Lord has said, 'Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing' (D&C 109:8). Our people for three-quarters of a century have been counseled and encouraged to make such preparations as will assure survival should a calamity come.  We can set aside some water, basic food, medicine, and clothing to keep us warm. We ought to have a little money laid aside in case of a rainy day." - Gordon B. Hinkley

Goal setting... I think setting goals is a good thing, it motivates us but it is easy to fall into stressful goal setting - not good. Remember what I said last week… "goals are stars to steer by not sticks to beat us” go ahead set goals but life happens so be flexible with deadlines or even put no deadline.

Begin the year with good things!

http://www.frugalfanatic.com/creating-a-budget/ make a better budget

https://chicenvelopements.wordpress.com/tutorials/ give our wardrobe a face lift

http://www.thebridgemaker.com/live-happy/ pick out what you want on this and change. Treat your wife or husband whatever fits, I think there are good ideas in here - pick what you want.

http://greatist.com/happiness/34-ways-bust-bad-mood-ten-minutes great ideas pick and choose

Learn new things!

http://doyoumindifiknit.typepad.com/do_you_mind_if_i_knit/2009/05/pattern-for-the-sisterhood-crochet-blanket-square.html  learn to crochet

http://www.wikihow.com/Reupholster-a-Chair learn to reupholster a chair

http://cookiescraftsandchaos.com/2014/02/21/the-little-rack-that-could/ find creative ways to organize

http://bemorewithless.com/10-ways-you-can-have-enough-money-and-stuff/  you can learn to live on less before you have to.

What you want to learn may or may not be the same as I want and that is so alright. Life is full of fun and good things to learn.

So what do I have on my "I want to learn goal list" this year?

-I want to learn more on weaving so I can make beautiful dish towels.
-I want to master the illusive toyota knitting machine I got at a yard sale
-I want to learn to spin with beads
-I want to learn better how to make do and love it
-I want to learn more on tatting
-I want to tinker with watercolor again
-I want to be brave and learn the weaving skills, someone said you should try one thing you are afraid of for me that is warping and dressing the loom to do dishtowels

I want to continue to perfect things I know like knitting, sewing, spinning, tatting, weaving and more.

I cannot do it in a day, just like you cannot spend one day at school and you are set…nope.

How will I work towards these things??????  I shall break them down. I will read all I can on the topic. I will scour the internet. I will locate others who can do it and ask questions. Then I will break it down further and do one thing at a time.

Your list will not be like mine, if it is that is so okay too :) If not it is wonderful too! We all want to learn and do, love and be loved, to serve and to be happy. We want to be ourselves and take joy in that. We do not need to bench mark against others, where would the fun in that be? No we just want to learn at our own rate. We have busy lives, too busy at times. Live your life with no regrets. If we don’t do it so good and others scoff so be it. We had fun in the journey and we can ignore being scoffed at. Remember just smile :)

Over many years I would be easily offended until I learned this secret all on my own...if someone says something and suddenly you feel hurt stop right there and say what did you say or what do you mean? 90% of the time we took it wrong and that is not at all what they were saying, so learn this tip from me and just enjoy everyone. Set those hurt feelings aside and ask, if you need to, otherwise the other person goes on their way never knowing you took it wrong and are in pain, and you go on grumpy bears :(

So decide what kind of year you want. Be happy. Learn to live on less than you make. Get out of debt as fast as possible. And please oh please don't keep up with others, just do your own thing. If people all are striving to be like someone else where is the fun? If you are plump be the best plump you can be! If you live in a rundown cardboard box make it the happiest place to be! We chose to come here knowing we would struggle, embrace it. So you are poor, do the best you can and if you are rich and life is hard do the best you can.…embrace our life. It is a great thing to have!

Keep working on storage.

If you have questions email me. I will be the first to tell you I don't know everything on anything and it is okay but I promise I will try to find the answers.

Be the best you that you can be, I like you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...