Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday Message


"Plan to build up your food supply just as you would a savings account... We urge you to do this prayerfully and do it now." - 
President Ezra Taft Benson

"I stand before the Church this day and raise the warning voice. It is a prophetic voice, for I shall say only what the apostles and the prophets have spoken concerning our day. ...It is a voice calling upon the Lord's people to prepare for the troubles and desolations which are about to be poured upon the world without measure.
For the moment, we live in a day of peace and prosperity but it shall not ever be thus.

Great trials lie ahead. All of the sorrows and perils of the past are but a foretaste of what is yet to be. And we must prepare ourselves temporally and spiritually." - Elder Bruce R. McConkie, General Conference April 1979.

The weather certainly has been hot so far, I do hope you are staying cool.

I have been doing some late spring cleaning this week, also the raspberries are ripening so I have been picking them.

I also had my 42nd anniversary married to my high school sweetheart and still sweathearts :) I have known my husband since seventh grade art class.

I got a used weaving book and inside was a message to someone else but applies to all of us. She wrote "read read read and we will learn." We can apply this to any skills you want to learn. If you want to learn to can food, read. I also say ask someone who does canning to learn.

There are many things that want our attention and sometimes we feel overwhelmed. Just know that is normal and that is when we want to step back and see what we are doing. How can we fix what got us to this point? Sometimes we cannot see a way out and sometimes we just have to plow on through, but sometimes we can plan differently. Consolidate what we are doing. Sometimes we have too many self-imposed deadlines. Sometimes we are too hard on our own selves.

While it has been hot I came up with a recipe for fudgsicles.

Fudgsicles

1 ½ c. of very cold milk, I use powdered milk mixed up
1 pkg of instant chocolate pudding mix, I use sugar free
One container of yogurt, I make my own but other works too
1 c. cool whip light

Mix well, put in molds and freeze. Yum!

http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2013/03/yogurt.html - here is the yogurt recipe I use.

Making yogurt is a good skill to have.

Skills can take little or long times to learn. But as we collect skills we have resources to pull on now and in a time of need. When you are in a crisis is not the time to start learning or start your food storage, it is also not time to start to ease your kids into new foods. But if they are eating homemade food all along it will be something they are used to.

So keep building your binders with recipes from scratch.

http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2015/03/monday-message.html - cooking from scratch is a huge deal. I have mentioned it over and over in this post. I encouraged you to start a binder how are coming with that?

Having your own binder of scratch recipes that your family likes is a very important thing in your box of resources.

http://www.foodstoragemoms.com/2016/06/25-things-you-need-for-the-next-disaster/ are you set for any disaster that you may have?

http://www.meetpenny.com/2013/01/cooking-from-scratch-with-homemade-mixes/ if you are gluten free she has a mix for you too.

So keep working on your skills... read read read and learn learn learn!I am working and reading on weaving at this time. We are all learning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...