Saturday, December 30, 2017

Toilet Paper Decorations


These decorations are super easy to make and turn out so cute. It's a great frugal way to make some holiday decorations and the kids can make their own too!

First step is to get your cookie mold wet.



Tear toilet paper into pieces.



Next, put toilet paper pieces into the mold a little bit at a time. Use a paintbrush dipped in water to wet the toilet paper, tapping it down as you go.

Once it is full, press your palm down on it and drain any water.



Then bake in the oven on the lowest temperature your oven will go, mine is 170 degrees. Let it bake for a few hours, testing it every now and then to see if the paper is dry. When done I used a paring knife to catch part underneath it will pop out.

These are how mine turned out. Fun!



5 comments:

  1. What are you using for cookie molds? Not plastic I would think as that would melt. Really cute and looks like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are those clay cookie molds i have picked up over the years you can see the brown mold part of the sheep in the picture i picked them up at yard sales over the years to do this very thing they are made to put cookie dough into them but it is not what i wanted to do when i got them https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=brown+bag+sheep+cookie+mold&qpvt=brown+bag+sheep+cookie+mold&FORM=IGRE

      Delete
  2. Well now.... this is totally new to me and I LOVE it! I used to have a couple of cookie molds and I think I took them to the thrift store on our last move. rats! But I do see them occasionally at thrift stores so I will def. be on the look out. I'm thinking you could use watercolor paints, very diluted and add a little color to the ornaments? I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope you too had a good Christmas i see these cookie molds often at yard sales and thrift stores

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...