Monday, January 21, 2019

Monday Message


“I have paid attention to the counsel that has been given me. For years past it has been sounded in my ears, year after year, to lay up grain, so that we might have an abundance in the day of want. Perhaps the Lord would bring a partial famine on us; perhaps a famine would come upon our neighbors.” (President Brigham Young)

Hopefully you did not go into debt for the holidays.

Now you can turn your attention to building your skills. I was listening to the news and they were talking about adulting school where adults go to learn how to be adults. They said with so many adult children still living with their parents that when they finally do go out on their own they don’t know the basics. Cooking, sewing on a button, etc.

Winter days are gloomy. Learning new skills could be a good change to fight cabin fever.

http://basichomemakingskills.blogspot.com/ - she has some great info

https://acultivatednest.com/homemaking-skills-to-learn-to-make-your-life-easier/ - some great ideas too

Add to these things stopping in at thrift stores. I was able to get a really nice lamp for our living room. The lamp was seven dollars and the shade was three dollars.





And this bread book was less than a dollar. It has great step by step directions. Yes, you can get info off the internet, and I am all about that, but I am all about books too. Whichever way you choose to learn let your goal constantly be learning.



I have been in my spring cleaning mode in the early winter...



I was able to get this shelf on a great sale. It was $59 down from $75. It is very heavy and taller than I am. It was ten more dollars than the flimsy ones. It has made it so much easier to spread out on my counters.



Here are a few other pictures from around the house per request and a little bit of the winter cleaning I’m working on.





https://homesteading.com/homesteading-skills-every-homesteader-should-know/ - while we are not homesteaders per say these have useful things to learn. Scroll down through the advertising to see what they have to show that’s worth a look

Keep working on your storage. Keep working on your skills. Keep helping others and living frugally.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. well it all looks antique because I don't get it all dusted often enough

      Delete
  2. I love your collections. Your lamps is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you if it weren't for used from yard sales and thrift stores I wouldn't have them

      Delete
  3. I love seeing inside your home. It is always so interesting and I think I would love to visit and play with some of your things. hee hee I have a couple of those metal shelves in the garage. They are very nice and sturdy for storing things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I would love for you to come and play too

      Delete
    2. I have wanted one of these shelves forever and when they marked them down I sacrificed to get it

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures, thank you for always sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the same mixer, I love my bosch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...