Monday, February 17, 2020

Monday Message


"Most of us cannot afford to store a year’s supply of luxury items, but find it more practical to store staples that might keep us from starving in case of emergency." (James E. Faust) 

There is so much wisdom in this statement so don't think you need to get luxury items because to me and others a warm loaf of homemade bread seems the most luxurious thing.

So work on those staple items.

Because it is the middle of winter here in Iowa and because my roots come from Norway and I love all things Hygge, when I saw this I knew you would enjoy reading it too...I am a hot cocoa and a kringla sort of gal - https://www.thehouseandhomestead.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/February-Issue.pdf  

Because I know you are wondering what they are...
https://littlefamilyadventure.com/kringla-cookies/ 

One time our car hit a snow bank and we could not get it out. We went to a nearby farm house and they let us call a tow truck. They gave us hot cocoa and freshly made kringla and she was knitting. I never forgot their kindness.

Here is an update on my skill building...

I finished my last spinning, it is my first attempt at making sock weight yarn.



I have been working a little on the rug loom.



And I have worked more on the floor loom.



How are you coming along building your skills and storage? Here is a link to one of our friends working on some cute crochet and sewing projects - http://elblogdeanacuneo.blogspot.com/



Missy put on her serious face talking about this next bit.

With the Coronavirus spreading it would be good to be able to shelter in place. It means we store things that we need such as food and medicines, like Tylenol and also things like cat litter.

In mine I have cereal and milk things too that I won't have to go to the store to get.

I have stuff to make bread.

I have medicines, I have cat food and cat litter. I think we could shelter in place quite well.

Do the best you can.  

I think we all have seen the Coronavirus and how hard it is. When they have to shelter in place they try to get food but there is none to get. My heart goes out to them. 

But it very well could be here and we need to pay attention and not procrastinate.



We keep our eye on the news. Gus is keeping an eye on it too.



6 comments:

  1. GRACIAS BECKY POR RECOMENDAR QUE MIREN MI BLOG, NO SE SI LO MERESCO, SOY MUY HUMILDE EN MIS TRABAJOS Y SE QUE HAY MUCHAS PERSONAS QUE TEJEN Y COSEN MUCHISIMO MEJOR QUE YO, ME SIENTO UN POCO AVERGONZADA, GRACIAS DE CORAZON. APARTE TE COMENTO, QUE USE LA TARJETA ALIMENTARIA QUE ME OTORGO EL GOBIERNO PARA COMPRAR MUCHOS ALIMENTOS: CARNE, POLLO, FIDEOS, SALSA, ATUN EN LATAS, AZUCAR, TE SABOR DE LIMON Y OTRO DE FRUTILLA MI PREFERTIDO, QUESO PARA LAS PIZZAS QUE TANTO NOS GUSTAN, MUCHOS KILOS DE HARINA, ACEITE, MERMELADAS PARA LOS NIÑOS, CAFE, MANTECA, ECT. NOS DURARAN VARIOS DIAS, TRATARE DE HACERLA EXTENDER LO MEJOR QUE PUEDA, HASTA LA PROXIMA COMPRA EN EL MES DE MARZO, TODAVIA NOS FALTAN MAS COSAS, PERO LAS IREMOS COMPRANDO A MEDIDA QUE VAYAN PASANDO LOS MESES. TODAVIA NO HE APRENDIDO A TEJER MEDIAS O CALCETINES COMO LOS LLAMAS TU, TAMBIEN ME REGALARON UNA MAQUINA DE TEJER PERO NO LA ENTIENDO, LA HEREDE DE UNA TIA VIEJA QUE FALLECIO A LOS 82 AÑOS DE CANCER Y SU UNICA HIJA ME LA REGALO A MI, QUISIERA APRENDER, VEREMOS MAS ADELANTE. AQUI ESTA LLOVIENDO MUY FUERTE, DESPUES DE VARIOS DIAS DE SOFOCANTE CALOR, EL SEÑOR NOS REGALA UNA BRISA FRESCA. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raining here too...i think you are doing a great job

      Delete
  2. Look forward to your posts every week. My neighbor taught me to make kringla. It's my favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too yum yum yum I am glad you enjoy the blog

      Delete
  3. I too agree that we should be putting up “extras” in case of any situation that might keep us at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes plus food prices look to be rising we all just do what we can

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...