Monday, June 15, 2020

Monday Message


"The past is to be learned from but not lived in." - Jeffrey R Holland

We do live in challenging times for sure but remember we need to love and help each other. Look for ways that you can show love and concern for others. One little thing I do for some friends that I no longer can see in person because of the virus, is I send them a joke a week that they can try to answer or they can roll their eyes to :p but with this I send them something from me to let them know I am thinking of them. If you have ideas on what we can do to encourage others share it with us in the comments section!



The garden is growing here and I have about organized my brains out but I am keeping busy. Leave a comment below and tell us what you are doing during this time.







I have been making bread twice a week.

I have been practicing what I preach by stretching what I have.

I am learning new skills. Last year I had picked up an instant pot (only not that brand, it is a technique) at Salvation Army. Back then I was so very busy I had no time to learn it so I did not even know if it worked. So I am starting to learn it and I can tell you it works, so that was good. I'm still learning which is good, I also want to do a water coloring tutorial.


I am working on a bookmark...


I think you will agree with me that we are spending more time on meal preparation and house cleaning chores as well. But that is what we can do right now.

I keep a journal which I am trying to keep things up to date on what is happening. I write daily in it so I am tracking the numbers of pandemic in my state.




This is full of my journals and with genealogy.

I have been spinning. I have my fiber pre-drafted in the basket ready to spin when I need it.



Gus is wondering what skills you are working on? You can tell us in comments below.


I think Missy has an interest in weaving as she is always by the looms.



Gus is always an easier one to take a pic of, he sits a minute longer than she does.


Gus says everyone keep being safe!

12 comments:

  1. Love the craft area of your home. You can do alot with your two supervisors Missy and Gus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes but not always gus is like a toddler wants on your lap and that is that i have learned to work around him

      Delete
  2. WOW ME ENCANTA TU LUGAR DE TRABAJO, SE VE TODO TAN ORDENADO Y PROLIJO, FELICITACIONES BECKY. TENGO 2 BAULES MAS MODERNOS DEL QUE TU TIENES, EN UNO GUARDO MIS TELAS, CINTAS, RECORTES DE VIEJAS PRENDAS DE VESTIR Y EN OTRO, MI ESPOSO GUARDE SUS HERRAMIENTAS, LOS BAULES TIENEN UN ENCANTO Y UN CIERTO MISTERIO JAJAJA, ME GUSTA LO ANTIGUO. GRACIAS POR PASAR POR MI BLOG Y DEJAR TU COMENTARIO SOBRE NUESTRO ANIVERSARIO, ESTUVIMOS 3 DIAS SIN LUZ NI AGUA, UN DESASTRE TODO, PERO RECIEN HOY LLEGO LA LUZ, RESPIRO PROFUNDAMENTE, MAÑANA HABRA MUCHA ROPA QUE LAVAR EN EL LAVARROPAS. TE DESEO UN HERMOSO ANIVERSARIO¡¡¡¡¡ NO SE SI YA PASO TU FECHA, RECIEN AHORA PUEDO ENVIARTE EL MENSAJE. SIEMPRE APRENDO ALGO DE TI, ERES UNA GENIA, APROVECHE ESTOS DIAS SIN LUZ, PARA TEJER CALCETINES PARA MIS HIJOS ESPECIALES, PRONTO PUBLICARE LAS FOTOS. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you we had a nice stay in an stay safe day of it yesterday that was sure different then any anniversary dates we have had in the past. With the world around us out of control organizing is something I can control. I got that trunk for free from freecycle yrs ago. Wow you did well to be out for three days doesn't it feel like we are all just collecting disasters? Look forward to seeing your next post

      Delete
  3. I love your craft room so much. Gus & Missy are just the sweetest.

    When I go out I try to smile at everyone even though I am wearing a mask. People have told me for years that my eyes always smile and it makes them happy. A lot of people don't want you to smile at them any more. They have a lot of anger, least in my area they do. I can tell it makes some others happy.

    I find funny stories about my day to day life I share with my loved ones to make them laugh. It is mainly about my animals but it does make them laugh. We lost six to the virus so laughter is a gift now.

    Skills- Working on bettering my skills and updating them for our "new" world. Learning how to shop online frugally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your Comment with us you can smile at us any time.

      Delete
  4. I have decluttered and organized things, I am working on learning to do shuttle tatting as well as needle tatting. Love your blog Becky, thank you for sharing all the frugal ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you gone to Frivilite wonderful place to to help on tatting

      Delete
  5. Becky you are being so productive and have accomplished so much with your organisation and gardening :) . Love your two supervisors too and we have a supervisor too here in Australia.

    I have also kept a journal during this time and found it helpful.

    During this time we have been deep cleaning the home and getting lots of things done in the gardens. We topped up garden beds with amended soil and planted our autumn/winter vegetables which are now getting quite large and we are now starting to harvest.

    I have taken the opportunity to learn new skills as well which were -

    - Learning how to make a mud cake.
    - How to sharpen chainsaw chains.
    - Practiced more firewood cutting with the chainsaws.
    - How to operate our new hydraulic log splitter.
    - Practiced mowing lawns with the push mower.

    Things we have implemented in keeping up with and checking on friends and others were emails, texts, shopping for others who were elderly in our neighbourhood when we were going shopping.

    Hoping you are enjoying your home as much as we are too since we purchased at similar times and cheered one another on.

    Lorna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are enjoying it but lots yet to do. Great job on skill learning some needed skills always good when we can do ourselves. My helpers are in charge of watching the wild life too cute

      Delete
  6. You've been busy. I've been working at the doctor's office, and I haven't been very creative lately, but I did cast on a sock yesterday and another baby hat.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like you have been very busy...don't over do and stay safe

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...