Monday, December 21, 2020

Monday Message

"We encourage members worldwide to prepare for adversity in life by having a basic supply of food and water and some money in savings. We ask that you be wise, and do not go to extremes. With careful planning, you can, over time, establish a home storage supply and a financial reserve." (All is Safely Gathered In)

I think slow and steady as I have said, just get an extra item when you do a regular grocery store trip. This works best with our budgets as well.

We should plan that things will still be hard for a while yet. We can do hard things! I think we all have shown that. Also, I am ever amazed with all the ingenuity that people come up with...we can make life fun for those we live with.

I watch a podcast where she set a goal of learning and also carving time out of her day every day to learn and/or do what she would like. I call it recharging your batteries. I know life is a lot harder now and if we ever needed our batteries charged it would be now.

We still are living our life just doing different things, so you cannot go out and do fun things but what fun can you do inside..?

I remember when the grandkids would stay overnight. Trying to get them to settle down for bedtime, I would crack out the flashlights and we would shine them on the ceiling and do shadow figures. Anything can be made fun, even dish washing. I had a friend who would wash and one of her kids would dry, whoever was assigned, now she said if they caught up to her they could quit. The race was on.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1ZKTG_enUS908US908&sxsrf=ALeKk00-phXR9LFqC5jBrGKPV4Wcykchqw:1607197702489&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=how+to+do+shadow+puppets&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj9xo-BzrftAhWvAp0JHe6LAy0Q7Al6BAgBECc&biw=1200&bih=690 - look at these different things for shadow puppets just using hands. Also paper and straws.

https://cheqdin.com/playful-storytelling-with-story-box-and-shadow-puppets/ - you could print off silhouettes and tape them to straws or sticks, shine light on a wall and tell the story.

You could bake cupcakes or cookies then have everyone decorate them.

You could have a backwards day… Have the kids teach you how to draw and paint. 

These can be done when everyone gets chores done. You can work chores into the fun.

Play Yahtzee over Skype with grandparents or any game for that matter.

Teach your kids some of the games you grew up with.

https://lauragraceweldon.com/2016/02/03/45-cures-for-cabin-fever/ - I like the snowball fight with scrunched up paper.

Have a baking day, make family favorites.

Gus says don't forget to read...you can read and learn or read to escape to far away places and more.

Stay safe and keep your spirits up! Let us know in the comments below what you're doing to have some holiday cheer!

6 comments:

  1. HOLA BECKY: ESPERO QUE TU Y LOS TUYOS ESTEN BIEN, QUE ESTEN PROTEJIDOS DEL VIRUS, ES MUY ALARMANTE LA CANTIDAD DE CASOS Y MUERTES QUE HAY EN TODO EL MUNDO, SOLO HAY QUE CUIDARSE MUCHO Y TOMAR TODAS LAS MEDIDAS NECESARIAS PARA NO CONTAGIARCE. EN ESTOS DIAS ESTOY COSIENDO MUCHO, HACIENDO REGALOS HECHO POR MIS MANOS PARA TODA LA FAMILIA, ESTOY USANDO RESTOS DE TELAS DE TRABAJOS ANTERIORES, TAMBIEN COMPRE ALGUNAS TELAS, CINTAS, NO GASTE DEMASIADO DINERO, YA QUE NO PUEDO PERMITIRME GASTAR MUCHO, LA VIDA EN MI PAIS ES CARA, TODO HA AUMENTADO EN ESTOS ULTIMOS MESES, PERO AGRADEZCO A DIOS QUE PUDE HACER ALGUNAS COMPRAS PARA PODER REGALAR ALGO PARA MI FAMILIA EXTENDIDA. ESPERO PRONTO PUBLICAR LAS FOTOS EN MI BLOG, TODOS OBTENDRAN SU REGALO EL 1 DE DICIEMBRE, CUANDO ESTE TODA LA FAMILIA REUNIDA PARA ALMORZAR JUNTOS Y ASI EMPEZAR EL NUEVO AÑO. NOSOTROS NO FESTEJAMOS NAVIDAD, YA QUE NO ES BIBLICA, NO HAY VERSICULOS QUE NOS DIGAN QUE CRISTO NACIO EL 25/12 Y QUE DEBAMOS FESTEJAR CADA AÑO SU NACIMIENTO. BENDICIONES A LA DISTANCIA Y CUIDATE MUCHO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you all will have a nice holiday

      Yes we are trying hard to stay safe here

      Delete
  2. I so appreciate your blog, especially the wise advice from your pussycats! I have been making little gifts out of what I already have at home. I crocheted a bookmark for my daughter in law out of crochet thread, and also made her a quilted zipper pouch out of fabrics I already had at home. Into the zipper pouch I will tuck in an Aldi’s gift card to help out with their groceries a bit. I also made some home made soaps, scented with essential oils. It has been fun thinking up what I could do! I have helped my teen daughter make home made lip balm, again with essential oils, as well as some seasoning mixes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I bet everyone loved the things you made great job

      Delete
  3. Hi Becky,

    Thank you for posting your blog every week - I enjoy reading it and always get good ideas! Love seeing your sweet kitties, too. This week I baked some chocolate cut out cookies and decorated them with royal icing - a learning experience but fun and festive to have cute cookies to share. Cross stitching some ornaments for our tree has also been a fun cheery activity this winter, and I knitted a few gifts from yarn stash, too.

    Wishing you and your family a happy holiday and new year.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and the same to you and your family I bet it was all wonderful what you made

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...