Monday, March 1, 2021

Monday Message

"I wish to urge again the importance of self-reliance on the part of every individual Church member and family. None of us knows when a catastrophe might strike. Sickness, injury, unemployment may affect any of us. We have a great welfare program with facilities for such things as grain storage in various areas. It is important that we do this. But the best place to have some food set aside is within our homes, together with a little money in savings. The best welfare program is our own welfare program. Five or six cans of wheat in the home are better than a bushel in the welfare granary." (President Gordon B. Hinckley)

This advice is good for all people.

We never know what is around the corner but we can lessen its grip on us by having things ahead in our pantry and other areas.

Think car repair. You would stress less on that bill if you knew you had things on hand to use for meals and you could use grocery money towards the bill.

There will always be something, so it is just prudent.

One area I try to be prudent is saving seed. In the picture is the butternut squash I will plant this year. The butternut squash that I have is from seeds I saved the year before.

It is cold out, on this frosty day I snapped some pictures. Even though it is cold, we can have warm thoughts by planning a garden.


Gus says he is keeping his eye on you to see if you are wearing your masks.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/classic-homemade-soup-recipes/ - soup hits the spot

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/215378/classic-dinner-rolls/ - rolls are great with that soup.

This is how Missy sneaks up on your knitting bag...




One night I had a hard time getting to sleep so I got up and made this project bag. For just making it up, I think it turned out pretty well.

I was able to finish my cowl. This was a free pattern from Tin Can Knits.

I have been putting out leftover popcorn and stale bread. Yes, I could use these in things for us but it has been so horridly cold I give to the wildlife to help them stay warm. This also gives the kitties a big screen wildlife show. This day Peter Rabbit came hopping up the deck stairs, he comes everyday now and brings two rabbit friends.

Keep being safe, they are saying four more months at least of wearing masks. Let us do our part.

Gus says everyone be safe!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely post today, thank you! Especially love the photo at the end ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and gus says he was napping and why do you have to take my picture

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the post. I wanted to ask you about the bread in jars recipe booklet. I couldn’t read the pictures very well so I typed up the instructions in a word document. Who do I need to ask for permission to share the document on the women of proverbs 31 Facebook group? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liza shared it freely so share it I tell you quite the blessing

      Delete
  3. Your photos are lovely! That cowl is impressive. What a great way to keep your neck and even upper shoulders warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a free pattern from tin can knits the only thing I did differently is I like drapey things to get that I press it with a cloth on top of it using the steam setting

      Delete
  4. I love Gus and Missy - smart cats, and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gus and Missy say thank you and they think those things about you too

      Delete
  5. I love your project bag, very pretty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...