Monday, October 11, 2021

Monday Message

"Store a provision of food which will last for at least a year wherever it is legally permissible to do so. The Church has not told you what foods should be stored. This decision is left up to individual members. . .From the standpoint of food production, storage, handling, and the Lord’s counsel, wheat should have high priority. 'There is more salvation and security in wheat,' said Orson Hyde years ago, 'than in all the political schemes of the world' (in Journal of Discourses, 2:207). Water, of course, is essential. Other basics could include honey or sugar, legumes, milk products or substitutes, and salt or its equivalent." (President Ezra Taft Benson)

Finally the garden is coming to an end for another year and the weather is finally more fall-like...I love the fall.

We have gotten our booster shot and flu shot. It is so sad the loss of life due to the pandemic.

It has been a busy week for me as I have wanted to finish this sweater...

I finally finished it and I'm so glad to have it done. It has been staring at me from the basket for way too long.

I also did some deep cleaning in my sewing room which was a good thing.

I made some crocheted flowers...

I haven't decided which I like better the six petal or five petal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi9ybokrfqM&t=26s here she will walk you through making them. I mostly wanted to make them for the cuteness, I love how they look with my older sewing machines.


She also has how to make a granny square pincushion here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qrlpekL0AQ I think knowing how to crochet a granny square is such a good way to learn crocheting and a good skill to learn and have.

I discovered a watermelon yet in the garden so that is a nice thing.

Does the end of harvest season mean the end of drying and canning food? No, this goes year round so I keep my tools close at hand.

At the time I am writing this it's October 1st. This coming weekend will be General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love watching that. Our tradition is chili and cinnamon rolls so that will be had - yum! You can go to https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/ they replay it if you are interested. It always is my favorite thing that I look forward to.

I made these up as they will help me with different projects. The little ones will be great for tatting projects. They are found here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO-fosn6Yfs&t=61s...once I started making them, it was like "give a mouse a cookie" style... :p

I made a new cover for my small ironing board.  It sure brightens up the sewing room and only took a short time to make. I just turned the ironing board upside down on the fabric and cut around it leaving lots of room to turn under and to have a casing to draw the string through...this is how I do it on the frugal.

Missy says that just to be sure she is demonstrating how to wash your paws.

Gus says he wants you to be safe and oversees paw washing.

6 comments:

  1. QUE HERMOSO NIÑO ¿ES TU NIETO? ES ADORABLE, SEGURO QUE ESTA COMIENDO ALGO RICO QUE LE HIZO SU ABUELA BECKY JAJAJAJA. TAMBIEN ESTE FIN DE SEMANA, HICE TARTAS DE MANZANAS PUBLICARE FOTOS EN MI BLOG EN CUALQUIER MOMENTO, MI FAMILIA AMA LAS TARTAS DULCES Y LA DE MANZANA SON ESPECIALES. ESTUVE LEYENDO SOBRE TU IGLESIA, SE QUE LOS MORMONES AYUDAN MUCHO A LOS NECESITADOS DE MUCHOS PAISES, UNA ACCION DIGNA DE IMITAR, PERO CON LO QUE NO ESTOY DE ACUERDO ES CON LA CELEBRACION DEL DIA DE LOS MUERTOS, LA BIBLIA NO DICE NADA AL RESPECTO, LOS MUERTOS, MUERTOS ESTAN, POR SUPUESTO QUE LOS RECORDAMOS, PORQUE FORMARON PARTE DE NUESTRA HISTORIA, PERO NO DEDICAMOS UN DIA DEL AÑO PARA RECORDARLOS, SE QUE EN MEXICO SE CELEBRA, CREO QUE SON ALGO EXAGERADOS, HACER FIESTA EN EL CEMENTERIO, ¿INVOCAN A LOS MUERTOS? ESPERO QUE NO, DIOS ES MUY ESPECIFICO EN ESO. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do honor them all the time we do genealogy and believe families are together forever. We do temple work for them and seal families together so we remember every day. And yes we help others as that is what Jesus said for us all to do. Our days are finally cooler here I am grateful.

      Delete
  2. My goodness, whiching things calm down enough around me this fall so I can get busy. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they do too winter is coming very fast

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I ask who is the little boy in the picture? And for whom did you make the sweater?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little fella isn't little any longer that is our grandson he now is 17 and way tall the sweater is for me it was a sweater knit together our daughter gifted me the yarn and pattern and got the same for her and tho we are far apart we knit it at the same time. The pattern is called professor meow. We also get same books and read at same time it is fun to do

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...