Monday, May 23, 2022

Monday Message

"We can begin ever so modestly. We can begin with a one week’s food supply and gradually build it to a month, and then to three months. I am speaking now of food to cover basic needs. . .I fear that so many feel that a long-term food supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all. . .Begin in a small way, … and gradually build toward a reasonable objective." (President Gordon B. Hinckley)

I think we all see the shortages in baby formula honestly when we were using formula decades ago it never would have occurred to me that this could ever happen. So scary for all who are dealing with it now. Think about how serious this is, if they can't fix this fast, how will other shortages less serious get tended? Probably not as fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJAC6JZUCU4&t=2s - she has a very good video here, I really like this gal.

We need to keep pushing on. I remember back to when flour jumped in price. I asked the clerk what was up. He said just wait, it will come down. I felt like waiting to get more when it came down but I had a nagging that I should get it and I did. This was a very very long time ago. I still had kids at home. Here is the sad truth, it NEVER came down and steadily went up. So if you are waiting to put in extra till the prices come down it would be a mistake. We have to push on doing what we can.

You have to think a bit differently now, what we could never imagine is happening now, for example the baby formula.

I feel like we are just getting steamrolled with one crisis after another. We can't get up and dust off before another hits.

So we need to find more ways to be frugal, more ways to NOT stress, and more ways to help others. We can do what needs doing.

https://www.pennypinchinmom.com/easy-and-fun-summer-staycation-ideas/ - I am sticking this in here as summer is fast approaching though with the hot weather we have had of late it might already be here. I think these are a more thrifty vacation and use the difference to stock up or pay off bills, a good suggestion.

https://www.simplelifeofacountrywife.com/ways-live-frugal-life-save-money/ - scroll down to the eighty frugal things.

Gus says, just as important we need to build skills...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrV2gpeQI7o - how to mend.

https://www.boredpanda.com/old-clothes-transformation-sarah-tyau/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic - interesting, is good info.

https://cutediyprojects.com/repurpose/old-clothes-recycle-ideas-that-you-need-to-upcycle-old-wardrobe-items/ - some ideas.

Here is the update on the test knit sweater I am making. I am going slow with gardening and heat this week. In the garden I have volunteer pole beans so I put a pole in there for them. I have the ones I planted with wire to get them to the railing on the porch. Once they get near the top of it I will put string to the porch top. This should be fun to watch and hopefully easy to pick??

I have been trying to collect grass clippings for the garden but it is a slow going thing.

I have put cardboard around the trunks of the fruit trees as rabbits are trying to eat them. I thought only in winter, but I guess not.

The lilacs are here. One is by the corner of the house. It was a Mother's Day gift long years ago.

The ones by the walkway were a start from my mother-in-law who passed away from Covid a while ago. So I picked some from there as a little memorial to her.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/524739794064328227/ - this has helpful info.

https://savorandsavvy.com/homemade-grocery-items/ - as things rise in price, it is good to know how to make your own.

https://thethriftycouple.com/homemade-cooking-spray-recipe-easily-make-your-own-cooking-spray-with-2-ingredients/ - make your own cooking spray.

Missy says hang onto those masks, we are not done with Covid yet. Numbers are going up and they are talking bad in the fall. She is also demonstrating the proper way to knead your bread dough.

Gus says to work on your skills. He is showing how he studies a knitting pattern in style.

4 comments:

  1. I really love how Missy and Gus always have a helpful contribution to offer. They both, clearly understand preparedness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEAR BECKY: LAMENTO ESCUCHAR LAS TERRIBLES NOTICIAS DE LOS TIROTEOS EN TU PAIS, TANTO EN EL SUPERMERCADO COMO EN LA ESCUELA, QUE HORROR CUANTA LOCURA Y MUERTE, TANTOS INOCENTES ASESINADOS, MI CORAZON ESTA ROTO POR ESTAS LAMENTABLES PERDIDAS, NO ENTIENDO LA MALDAD ¿HASTA DONDE PUEDE LLEGAR UNA MENTE ENFERMA? TE ENVIO UN ABRAZO Y MIS CONDOLENCIAS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you we are praying for all effected by them. I feel like no body needs an assault weapon for anything it is so very sad I hope they can ban them for sure.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...