Monday, August 21, 2023

Monday Message

"Our bishops storehouses are not intended to stock enough commodities to care for all the members of the Church. Storehouses are only established to care for the poor and the needy. For this reason, members of the Church have been instructed to personally store a year’s supply of food, clothing, and, where possible, fuel. By following this counsel, most members will be prepared and able to care for themselves and their family members, and be able to share with others as may be needed." (President Ezra Taft Benson)

Things just keep happening weather-wise with destruction and loss of life which is so sad. We need to be in a position to be able to help whenever we can, even if a prayer is all we have.

I urge you to keep working on your storage and skill building.

We finally got a little rain this week but still very drought-like. The garden acts like late fall. I have chopped and froze green peppers...

I saved the seed from the green peppers. I will use them next year. I also have green beans.

I made another batch of salsa.

I have been dehydrating the rest of my tomatoes. Some will be made into powder, others will be used broken up in soups and bread.

So it all is keeping me busy.

How are you nice people doing with your gardens?

With the hottest part of the season yet ahead of us, Mary Ann sent this recipe - https://www.justataste.com/peanut-butter-frozen-yogurt-pops-recipe/ yum!

I love this gal - https://www.gracefullittlehoneybee.com/how-to-build-an-old-fashioned-frugal-pantry/

Keep working on your skill building.

I finished dress number three.


This fabric was from freecycle. I almost did not make this as there wasn't enough fabric, but I had to get very creative and it all worked out. I love it. I want to try this pattern with cotton fabric to see how it turns out.

I make short sleeves as in winter I wear cardigans so I get year-round wear.

Missy says try to learn a skill that would be helpful to your family and perhaps include the family so all of you learn together for a family night.

Tippy Longstockings says put a few extra cans of food in you cart while shopping because winter is coming.

6 comments:

  1. love the dress it loos lovely and comfortable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress! Very nice! Our garden is finally coming in -very fast. Keeps me busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours seem to be winding down but for some reason the peppers just now decided to produce OK by me

      Delete
  3. I watered my tomato plants deeply on Tuesday. On Thursday when I checked them they had turned up toes and died. I knew they were just hanging on and the weather here has been very hot. Right now, I'm grateful I had put off starting a fall garden! But I can grow far into the year and later in winter as well, so I shall put in a few small things as soon as we appear to be out of the August dog days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too bad on the tomatoes we too have been soooo hot I hate it

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...