Monday, April 8, 2024

Monday Message

"Our Heavenly Father created this beautiful earth, with all its abundance, for our benefit and use. His purpose is to provide for our needs as we walk in faith and obedience. He has lovingly commanded us to ‘prepare every needful thing’ (see D&C 109:8) so that, should adversity come, we may care for ourselves and our neighbors, and support bishops as they care for others." (All is Safely Gathered In pamphlet)

Well, I am writing this post March 22 and this morning woke up to a couple inches of snow. We were to get rain but nope, it was snow.

So I made you another jolly snow person especially for those in hot weather at this time.

https://www.littlehouseliving.com/meal-planning-binder-easiest-method-meal-planning-ever.html - I thought this was a fantastic idea.

The better we plan, the more it will save us in money and time.

I decided to switch out baskets on the embroidery cart this week.



This week has flown by so fast.

But I have measured off the warp to put on the tabletop loom.

I was able to get it out of a little leftover so that was great - a frugal thing for sure. I am almost ready to warp it up for the next project.

I am still working on the dish towels.

I am still spinning on project.

This week I happened to stop in at a thrift store. I was going by and found these giant rag balls someone cut into strips and sewed them all into one long strip and rolled them into balls.

Do not be fooled by the pictures. I put them in a bushel and a half bushel basket. The balls are the size of bowling balls, maybe bigger.

I then sat down to wind one on a shuttle, you can see I had help.

I then added to the rug I am making...

These balls will make many rugs so a very thrifty find indeed.

I brought down some yarn and put it into a basket. It inspires me so this is how it looks. I had it in drawers but the basket was free of stuff, so in it they went. This yarn was part of the yarn haul I got a long while back when our kids were still at home. That hundred dollar yarn haul has blessed me all these years and still is.

So these are some thrifty things that have had huge blessings.

Don't rule out your thrift stores and yard sales. I know we don't always have the few dollars to spare right now. But if I were given a choice to go to a new store or a thrift store, I choose thrift over the new every time as what little money I might have goes way farther at the thrift store. Plus, I look for things that are going to be most helpful.

I don't always get to go but when I have, there have been good things like the rag balls. In all my years thrifting I have never seen rag balls, so a first I say.

Again I urge you though to have a list of things you need or are looking for so you stay on track and don't be lured into a minefield.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with beautifying our homes. We just do not want to go into debt doing it.


We can do things frugally and stretch our budgets.

Missy says we need to keep our eye on the goal - to keep working on skill building.

Tippy Longstockings says the main thing is we need to be content.

4 comments:

  1. HOLA BECKY: ME ENCANTAN ESAS BOLAS DE TIRAS DE TELA, SE QUE HARAS LINDAS ALFOMBRAS CON ELLAS. HICE UNA PUBLICACION EN MI BLOG HACE POCOS DIAS, ESPERO QUE PASES Y TE DETENGAS A LEER ATENTAMENTE, ESTOS DIAS NOS HA PASADO COSAS DESAGRADABLES, TRISTES E INESPERADAS, ESPERO QUE PASES Y ORES POR NOSOTROS. BENDICIONES PARA TI QUERIDA HERMANA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sooooo sorry for all you are going thru I will pray for blessings to be poured out on all of you. Hugs for all❤

      Delete
  2. I read all your posts but rarely comment. I had to catch up just now, as I had my grandchildren visiting last week on spring break. You have been very busy organizing!! Great job! You do so much even though you feel yucky with your fibro. I have a friend with fibromyalgia & other health issues, I wish I could get her in contact with other people that have it, I know she feels quite alone sometimes. Hopefully your snow has melted by now. Take care. …..Vicky in Ky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow is gone now but winds making the pain a bit more today to be 63 we have mid eighties coming weird as it is early April. Send your friend the blog she can email me from there or type in fibromyalgia support groups near me and up will pop info also this will show an online option believe me she is not alone at all.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...