Monday, July 22, 2024

Monday Message

"Our Heavenly Father created this beautiful earth, with all its abundance, for our benefit and use. His purpose is to provide for our needs as we walk in faith and obedience. He has lovingly commanded us to ‘prepare every needful thing’ (see D&C 109:8) so that, should adversity come, we may care for ourselves and our neighbors, and support bishops as they care for others." (All is Safely Gathered In pamphlet)

At the time I'm writing this, it's the Fourth of July. Our small town has a little carnival and parade.


They also had Black Hawk helicopters set up in a park to tour, also a rock climbing wall.

I was out working in yard when the helicopters flew in very low. I could see the bottom of them. I was taking out a fence and two posts that had grapes in the past but were eaten. So I cut the little squirrel  planted trees that have popped up and cleared it. It used to go halfway out of that opening.

I still have walnut squirrel planted trees to cut down today. I hate outside work but push on.


The garden grows, not beautiful but hoping for a harvest.

I have chopped and froze more rhubarb, we'll have nice rhubarb cake in the winter.

https://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2017/05/monday-message_8.html - you can find the recipe for it here.

How are you coming with your garden?

I am using this for my watercolor desk. I was using a folding table but this is so much better.


I put the finishing touches on my needle case. In the buttons I had gotten at a yard sale, I had this acorn button and I made the cord to go around it. Then I filled it and put in my embroidery cart which I had just reorganized.

So a busy week here. I have done more outside work than I like.

I have not noticed grocery prices come down, yet I think it will take longer than we think... here is a name for the stores to use "LESS FOR MORE" at least it seems like it should be their name.

https://www.creditkarma.com/cash-flow/i/how-to-budget-groceries

https://goodcheapeats.com/budget-grocery-list/

These are some ideas for when you are shopping at Less For More or any other store like it.

Here is my frugal cat toy made out of those shaker balls they make protein shakes.

I looked at the cat toys we have and found three little toys and pushed them into the center and made an instant cat toy. I did not buy these shaker balls. They were in with something else I got at our recycle place. I was going to get rid of them (meaning back to that place) but I thought about it and came up with these instead.  So make sure before you get rid of something, think if there is something else you can do with it.

Missy says do the best you can, that is all you can do.

Tippy Longstockings says she will sleep on the solution while not being bothered.

Both girls say they love their new toys.

6 comments:

  1. Your needle case is so sweet :) - Madelyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I just followed directions and when we had the long car trip to visit our kids I embroidered it.

      Delete
  2. HOLA BECKY: TUS MENSAJES DE LOS LUNES SIEMPRE LLEGAN ATRASADOS, ¿TU PUBLICAS CON MUCHO TIEMPO DE ANTICIPACION? SE VEN MUY BONITAS TUS FLORES. DIOS TE GUARDE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prepare the blog two weeks ahead incase I get sick or something it will keep on going.❤

      Delete
  3. You are always so creative with things. Grocery prices are still going up and package sizes remain the same but with less in them.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage and the LORD Jesus Christ,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes prices continue to to rise it is going to keep up I think as well so we will have to find even more frugal things to help us manage.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...