Monday, August 10, 2026

Monday Message

"Preparedness, when properly pursued, is a way of life, not a sudden, spectacular program. We could refer to all the components of personal and family preparedness, not in relation to holocaust or disaster, but in cultivating a life-style that is on a day-to-day basis its own reward." (President Spencer W. Kimball)

Well a busy time for us still. We had the water come in July 2, 3, and 4, and now I can add July 20 to that as well. We had another storm last night on the 20th and heavy rain which overtook the sump pump. Once again, we got two inches of water in the basement. This wasn't as bad as the last one, not as deep for one thing, and the other is that took many days to clean up. Plus, I've put many things up higher.

It has been costly. The pump that was overtaken this time was brand-new. Today, we've had to do many things to fix it but in the end we had to get another pump. We then try to have two in the pit of the basement, if it comes to this again. Hopefully, it won't. I am tired of this game.

But we push through.

These little emergencies are why food storage is important. It helps us be able to buy these pumps - all three of them!  

Tippy Longstockings is horrified at the rising prices!

Gas prices are going up again. Food prices are going up still.

How are you managing through these life emergencies?

They will always be there. We will all get through them but having storage makes the rough places not so rough.

We, of course, are planning for a future that may keep having these stronger storms.

I will tell you this makes two Fourth of July events, so we make plans and prep. We prepare for the worse and are hoping for the best.

Tippy Longstockings is praying that pattern stops.

I will continue to get things higher in the basement, higher than I currently have as one prep. One other thing I have done is now having a chair for each of us for when we go down in tornado warnings - no more getting a bucket to sit on.

The garden got beat down a bit but is doing well so that is good. I hope your gardens are doing well too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQqHIs8PPlo - this lady takes you through her storage, it is so different for everyone. She said store what you eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Xm2v5E_Wc - this is a cute way to refashion a shirt without a pattern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hveYgv16oHk - time to be thinking about Christmas. This is a beginner project that looks fantastic!

How are you coming on your skill-building? I guess I am meant to build skills on water invasions hmm..


Tippy Longstockings and Missy both say they are trying to learn all they can from books!

Missy and Tippy Longstockings say...

Make sure you get plenty to eat and plenty of rest especially in stressful times!

Sometimes we feel like it is all too much.

But you can always turn to a friend...

Just know we are all pushing through the trials here at our house.

Missy says to please keep working on skill-building, maybe pick something more fun than moving water.

Tippy Longstockings says remember to take breaks!

All of us are hoping you all are well and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...