Saturday, October 11, 2014

Loom catch-all


With the loom my sister brought me this week, she suggested we handcraft a catch-all that slides on the front of the loom and holds the shuttles while I'm weaving. We had to design it specially because the loom was made in the 1920s and new tools don't fit it. The only thing we had to purchase for the catch-all were two dowel rods, the rest of the materials we used from items we had on hand all the way down to the wood stain. 


I didn't want the catch-all to detract from the loom itself and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It slides on and off so it doesn't get in the way of warping.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try and make something like this for my Harrisville Designs loom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a coffee can -plastic hanging off of the side, my friend Diania uses a small basket, nice job.Robin in the Grampian Hills of Pa pretty fall day



    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...