Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday Message


"The best place to have some food set aside is within our homes. . . 
"We can begin ever so modestly. We can begin with a one week's food supply and gradually build it to a month, and then to three months. . . . I fear that so many feel that a long-term food supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all.
"Begin in a small way, . . . and gradually build toward a reasonable objective." (Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley, Oct 2002 and quoted again in April 2007)

When I have a huge task to do I feel so overwhelmed. So what I do is a little at a time. Because I have fibromyalgia I have limitations now to what I can do and I find it frustrating. I have to break things down like I can do this thing thirty minutes a day or sew a little each day or whatever it might be. This adds up quickly and then you're done. So too is it like storage, just do some every grocery trip and you will see how fast it grows.

I use this method as well when learning my skills. Life is busy and we are wondering just how we can do just one more thing. I found lots of reclaimed time in the car. Yep, I would take books with me and read on skills while I waited, I still do this.  

I have been battling a double ear infection and having several trips to doctor appointments this week. I chose to take a knitting book with me, better than looking at germy magazines. Plus I learn. I bet if you think about those minutes you can reclaim them.

I would take my girls to practice and work on things. Once I made hair scrunchies for the whole team, red to match uniforms. It just happened they all had long hair. I did this instead of just sitting. Practices did not have to be watched and cheered at but even at games I took knitting that wasn’t complicated. Now you probably work on your phones…what if you were reading on a skill you wanted to learn?? I bet you would learn a lot. A tiny thing to carry and so much to learn, what a neat gift and tool.

http://www.littlehouseliving.com/how-to-minimalize-childrens-clothing.html  When our girls were younger there was something talked about this, they used summer as an example and limited what clothes their kids had like six shorts and tops and a swimming suit kind of thing. This limited clothes on the floor and unworn laundry. We really can do on far less.

http://www.foodstoragemoms.com/2016/08/make-frugal-breakfast-sandwiches/ - thought you might like this.

This is the time for my favorite open face sandwich

Becky’s Frugal Summer Sandwich

Grill your buns (my favorite is onion) I butter and grill face down in frying pan then put them face up on your plate. In the same pan put diced zucchini, as much as needed, put a pinch or two dry garlic, same with dry onion. Cook till the zucchini is half cooked then add a diced tomato. Cook till it is tender then top with mozzarella cheese. Cook till melted, scoop on the buns - these are terrific.

www.gluesticksblog.com/2015/06/the-search-for-the-7th-minion-tote-bag-tutorial.html I saw this and thought how cute is this, good Christmas gift idea also good building of sewing skill.


http://sewlicioushomedecor.com/pot-holder-organizer-plastic-baggies-tutorial/ - this is a great idea

http://www.patchworkposse.com/microwave-bowl-potholder/ this is a handy idea, these could develop skills and are useful gifts.


www.bevscountrycottage.com/kitchen-potholders.html - this will help build your crochet skills.

Some stories to motivate and inspire you…

http://myfoodstoragefavorites.blogspot.com/2013/09/my-food-storage-story-experience-that.html

http://preparedldsfamily.blogspot.com/2013/08/pictures-of-my-food-storage-room.html

http://faithtap.com/3050/25-food-storage-tips/


http://thesurvivalmom.com/food-storage-lessons-learned/ - interesting

www.pinterest.com/fsme/food-storage-gifts

There are many things to get you inspired.

Keep doing the best you can.

Reminder - Now is the time to build your winter car kit. The time to prepare is now not when you are in the crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...