Monday, March 20, 2017

Monday Message


"Let us be in a position so we are able to not only feed ourselves through home production and storage, but others as well" (Ezra Taft Benson, in Conference Report, Oct. 1980, 48; or Ensign, Nov. 1980, 34).

I think all too often we forget it is not only ourselves but others too that we are working hard for.

I think we are ever increasing in need all around we can see it everywhere.

It is not enough to store, we need to know how to use it too.

We live now when we are ever increasingly busy. We are told we deserve a break today then another and another, before you realize it you are out of control feeling you NEED to eat out every night.  

Then you get busier and busier, it is like a hamster on a wheel. Try to find the way off that wheel, do one thing at a time. Identify why you are busy. Kids at home make us busy being the family taxi. There are tons of reasons so stop and ponder these things. Why? And how can you stop being that busy?

If you continue that busy your health will suffer. I know you think naaah. Yes, I know you think it won’t happen to you but yes not today, maybe not tomorrow but your body is keeping track. Then there is eating out. It is bad for the parents but it is very bad for the kids. They are finding heart disease in younger kids now where they haven’t before found it in those age groups. So eating out is not a break at all. Then there is the drain on our budgets. Yep, this is a bad story all the way around.

I am six days short of being sick for two months on top of having fibromyalgia. Needless to say, it has been a rough time. This is two years in a row my flu shot wore off and flu germs got me so I have had lots of time to think what can I do to better help ourselves if this happens again, as it has been very hard to feel good enough to fix meals and try to keep up. So this has been my challenge. My husband as well got sick, so it was hard. While it has been a struggle, I push on. Take things like this into account when putting in your storage.


https://newleafwellness.biz/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Make-Ahead-Crockpot-Meals-Recipes-Grocery-List1.pdf I put this link in for us to consider the recipes that we make it. Could we use some of our recipes in this fashion to have in our freezers?

http://fullthymestudent.com/15-tips-on-how-to-do-grocery-shopping-on-a-budget/ - some helpful tips.

The less trips to the store will be better on your budget.

As someone who gets groceries once a month, I will tell you I must put in planning list and menus to accomplish this. Yes, it is work to do but it saves me time and money.

http://www.thefrugalgirl.com/2011/03/how-i-make-my-grocery-list/ - this is like how I do mine.

It takes me a bit to organize this, oh but the time I save is worth it.

http://www.gracefullittlehoneybee.com/30-easy-ways-reduce-household-expenses/ keep trying to be frugal.

http://www.gracefullittlehoneybee.com/meal-plan-tight-budget-free-weekly-meal-plan-printable/

There are many reasons why people have tight times.

http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/search?q=live+on+less lots of helpful sites.

http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2015/11/monday-message.html there are more here.

I will say this again, there are reasons for having tight times and if you are having tight times, you are not alone and should feel not less because you are not! You have value. 

We must be careful that we do not judge for we do not know what less fortunate people are having to go through. We must also feel blessed and be thankful for what we have and also be aware that things can change in a blink of an eye - okay today not so tomorrow.  

Remember to help and have compassion. I think having been sick so long gives me the insight on what would be most helpful to others who are sick. Remember, to love and help one another, the needs are greater then ever all around us.

Do the best you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...