Monday, May 28, 2018

Monday Message


"Our Heavenly Father created this beautiful earth, with all its abundance, for our benefit and use. His purpose is to provide for our needs as we walk in faith and obedience. He has lovingly commanded us to ‘prepare every needful thing’ (see D&C 109:8) so that, should adversity come, we may care for ourselves and our neighbors, and support bishops as they care for others." (All is Safely Gathered In pamphlet)

Preparing every needful thing is quite daunting but just like every big task do a little a time and you will be surprised at how quickly it gets tended. Of course, doing nothing nets nothing.

The picture above was a Mother’s Day gift which got me organizing for some of my skill building. These are beads I have gathered over the years from yard sales. I use them in tatting and spinning and will use them in bobbin lace too.

Craftsy had free watch classes again so I frugally did that. One of the classes was the second in a series tatting class and I was able to  learn a lot and further that skill.

This brings me to this project of organizing my tatting...



So I got this container for five dollars, 50% off at Hobby Lobby so I could use for my tatting container that is mobile. I needed to spread things out so that they were easier to get to.

I had one of those tiny cut and press mats for quilting that you can take with you. I got it at a yard sale for a dime long ago.



I needed it to fit in the top tray of this little tote to use. As you see here the problem was that it had a handle and would not fit so I cut off the handle and now it works like this…



I needed a tray for just my tools…



Next the tray with buttons and threads.



Then the last tray with thread and beads completed this reorganizing project. Pill containers were used from the dollar store.



I was able to get it done in time to make two book marks to stick in graduation cards.



That sent me on to gathering things I had for bobbin lace. This basket drawer was a dollar at a yard sale.



I have gathered bobbin lace things in it.





The second drawer is bobbins and a giant ball of thread solidly packed into the size of a large grapefruit that I purchased at thrift store for $1.99.



The tin under table on bottom holds thread for using with bobbin lace tin and thread gotten separately at yard sales





The table was from a thrift store for a dollar and the green silverware tray was free.



I was so surprised to see how many tools I had. Two I just found in my sewing supplies, both pin lifters, who knew! They were from yard sales. The books were from a library sale and most were from the Half Price Bookstore (my favorite place).

I think you see a frugal thing here is the theme.



I am getting ready to work up some dresses. This cutting board I got at a yard sale for twenty five cents. It works perfectly on the bed to cut out patterns.



This is the same dress pattern I did that was green checkered with different color buttons that I made and changed to fit me but I wanted you to see what I used for the pattern... yes, leftover wrapping paper.

This post was to show a few ways we can be frugal. Lots of us already do these things and other frugal things without even thinking about it.

Preparing for every needful thing means using your frugal skills. Do I HAVE to have these things? No, but they are skills that help me make clothes and gifts that I have frugally gathered…do this with other storage items too.





Missy and Gus said they were free and give free loves, so being frugal is a great skill! :p

4 comments:

  1. I would love to learn to tat one of the few skills I do not have. I love to look at your crafts and skills. It is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned from tatting you tube frivolite type like I wrote it she has long nails and you have to read the English but you can stop rewatch what ever each one is a lesson start with lesson one and work thru them

      Delete
  2. Aw, Missy and Gus were free too! My silly daughter paid $75 for a kitten from a shelter, which is good for that particular kitten, but I was shocked. I told her free kittens are a dime a dozen. lol You have really acquired a lot of supplies and your organization looks great. I'm slowly , but surely, trying to separate some of my supplies, too. I am using a small tote that kept my nursing supplies organized at work (now retired) for my hand quilting supplies. It's nice to know I can pick up the little tote and have everything handy. Your little tatted bookmarks are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is so handy to have things together good for you

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...