Monday, April 1, 2019

Monday Message


"More than ever before, we need to learn and apply the principles of economic self-reliance. We do not know when the crisis involving sickness or unemployment may affect our own circumstances. We do know that the Lord has decreed global calamities for the future and has warned and forewarned us to be prepared." (President Ezra Taft Benson)

I think we all are seeing dramatic things happening all over the world. There is no end to hardships that are occurring everywhere.  The need to help is strong even if we can do nothing but pray for others, it all is needed.

Remember too that being kind costs nothing. A smile, holding the door for others, being a courteous driver, there are so many ways to be helpful and kind.

https://www.foodstoragemoms.com/30-pioneer-skills/ - This is a list that can give you an idea on skills to learn. We may never be called on to hunt or butcher but knowing how to frugally take advantage of a sale and can meat is good. I think we get caught up thinking that we have to do it all and right now....no, we don't have to, but building skills to help our families is a worthy cause.

There is a lot we can do to build frugal skills...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=meal+planning+for+scratch+cooking&view=detail&mid=6AE9569B913A1D1FF2226AE9569B913A1D1FF222&FORM=VIRE

She has some ideas - https://www.thebudgetmom.com/how-to-create-a-meal-plan/ I like the sheets, very organized.

I thought you would like to see my progress on bobbin lace...



I do like working with this size thread the most so far.



Here's a few pics from the corners of my home... 







https://www.thekitchn.com/10-tips-for-better-weekly-meal-planning-reader-intelligence-report-177252 - some great ideas here.

https://food.ndtv.com/how-to/creative-ways-to-cook-with-leftovers-back-to-basics-694712 - we need to think how to have our leftovers make meals.

Here is an idea for your sewing and quilting rulers...





http://sewdelicious.com.au/2013/01/quilted-sewing-machine-cover-tutorial.htmlthis would be a great beginner project for those wanting to work at sewing skill.

Keep working on your storage and building skills. Do the best you can!

6 comments:

  1. Your bobbin lace is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as I am teaching myself the one thing is I never expected to love it I am learning

      Delete
  2. I love the bobbin lace design. The pigs standing on each others back is way too cute ! love it all, you are so talented. Thank you for sharing and teaching us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the peek around your home. I love that the décor is all usable rather than just decorative. I think people underestimate how pretty many crafting items are, like that basket of threads! My favorite was definitely your sifter! How old is that? I don't even recall seeing one like that before!

    Love the lacing. It's just really so beautiful.

    You're so right about taking the time to learn skills. I start thinking of so many things I want to learn and then I feel overwhelmed! I have to slow down my brain and tell myself to just take one thing at a time. I do try for at least one new skill per year. Last year, I taught myself how to weave/braid a rug from leftover fabric. You tube is such an amazing tool for learning. It's like having a private tutor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure has helped me learn things too the sifter I got at a yard sale I have seen others like it but have no idea what year those came out I too want to learn faster than I can but your one skill at a time is good keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...