Monday, April 12, 2021

Monday Message


"Start now to create a plan if you don’t already have one, or update your present plan. Watch for best buys that will fit into your year’s supply. We are not in a situation that requires panic buying, but we do need to be careful in purchasing and rotating the storage that we’re putting away. The instability in the world today makes it imperative that we take heed of the counsel and prepare for the future." (L. Tom Perry)

We all need to be working on our food storage. Covid-19 could only be a test run of future events that could occur.

Time for starting seeds...

I have thyme and basil and butternut squash and spaghetti squash up plus tiny orange tomatoes that my sister plants, they are so good. She brought me some of those tomatoes on one of her visits and I saved the seed on a paper napkin. Well they dried to that paper napkin and so I tore off, napkin and all, and now they are growing. Once they all are up I will take that plastic wrap off the top but it acts like a terrarium till I take it off

https://blog.gunassociation.org/kick-start-food-storage-plan/ - this has items you can pick up to boost your storage.

https://jamiecooksitup.net/2012/08/40-food-storage-recipes-and-food-storagepantry-staple-lists/ - this has a great list, you might get ideas to beef up your storage.

https://www.purewow.com/food/pantry-staples - this is helpful as well. Think what items you have in your pantry...

https://livingfreewithamyt.com/items-to-always-have-in-your-pantry/ - this is a great list as well.

Gus wants to know what skills are you working on?

I made this tiny sweater, the pattern is in a SpinOff magazine.

I made this pattern to brush up on some of my skills. Wouldn't it be cute on a tree? I think I will do a few more to keep my hands moving so arthritis doesn't lock them up.

Missy says - well, it wouldn't fit her ear.

Another thing I did this week was...

I sorted my knitting notions into these little colorful boxes, makes it so much easier to find what I need. I had gotten the container in Florida when we visited our kids before the pandemic. The boxes weren't my idea. I saw it on a knitting podcast.

We are fully vaccinated but they are saying we still need to wear masks and social distance and no traveling so things are not changing for now for us. So please stay safe.

22 comments:

  1. What a sweet photo with kitties at both your elbows.
    We are fully vaccinated and still being careful but thankfully covid rates in my state are low right now,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are still being careful it was funny to have them both up on the arms at the same time thank you for your sweet comment I just see an old lady sitting there

      Delete
  2. I love your blog with all the great tips and the positive attitude you display in the midst of everything. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it helps thank you for your kind thoughts

      Delete
  3. Michigan is raging out of control. All adults are now vaccinated in the immediate famiky. So glad you are too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a great relief but caution should be with us till it is a done deal for everyone

      Delete
  4. QUE LINDA FOTO BECKY, ESTAS MUY BELLA¡¡¡¡ TUS RECOMENDACIONES SIEMPRE SON MUY BUENAS, SIEMPRE LEO TU BLOG, AUNQUE HACE UN TIEMPO QUE NO COMENTO,ESTUVE INTERNADA CON MI HIJA MAS CHICAPOR UNA PERITONITIS. ESTOY BASTANTE PREOCUPADA, AQUI ESTAMOS EN LA2 OLA DEL COVID, ESTA PEOR QUE LA PRIMERA QUE TUVIMOS EL AÑO PASADO, ES MUCHO MAS CONTAGIOSA Y LETAL, HAY NUEVAS CEPAS,QUE SON IMPARABLES, TENGO2 HIJOS CON COVID, GRACIAS A DIOS QUE ESTAN BIEN, TIENEN SINTOMAS LEVES, ELLOS SON CHICOS SALUDABLES, NO TIENEN ENFERMEDADES, NO FUMAN, NO SE DROGAN, NO BEBEN ALCOHOL, SON MUY DE ESTAR EN SU CASA, SON BUENOS CRISTIANOS. ESTOY EN UN PROYECTO DE COSTURA Y BORDADO, TODAVIA NO LO HE TERMINADO, ME LLEVARA ALGUN TIEMPO, SERA UN MANTEL PARA LA MESA CHICA DE LA COCINA. ¿PUEDES PASAR POR MI BLOG? HAY PUBLICACIONES QUE NO HAS LEIDO. TE PIDO TUS FIELES ORACIONES A NUESTRO FAVOR, EL COVID ESTA ARRASANDO EN MI PAIS, ¿SABIAS QUE NUESTRO PRESIDENTE, RECIBIO LAS 2 DOSIS DE LA VACUNA RUSA Y SE CONTAGIO IGUAL DE COVID? ES UNA LOCURA, POR AHORA EL ESTA MEJORANDO, PERO HAY GENTE QUE SE HA VACUNADO Y FALLECIO A LOS 2 DIAS, ESTO ASUSTA. ORA Y ORA POR NOSOTROS, VIVIMOS ENCERRADOS PRACTICAMENTE,LOS HOSPITALES CANCELARON LOS TURNOS PARA HACERSE ESTUDIOS,SOLO ATIENDEN URGENCIAS Y PERSONAS CONTAGIADAS POR EL VIRUS. ESTA POR NACER MI NIETO NUMERO 11 Y ME ATERRA LA IDEA DE QUE MI HIJA SE INFESTE EN DONDE LO VAYA A TENER. ES UNA LOCURA TODO ESTO, QUE DIOS NOS AYUDE. BENDICIONES Y TU TAMBIEN, CUIDATE MUCHO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just on your blog yesterday I left a comment you and I are in the mood to embroider yes we all must be very very safe it is scary the virus is climbing and some people will not get vaccinated or wear masks so we will get more and more variants because of that I feel we should stock up and I have been working on that be sure to wear masks cloth ones are best I wear gloves when I handle groceries and I wash down everything. It means alot to me that you all are safe

      Delete
  5. Really enjoy your blog, and the pantry lists were excellent. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling the nudge to work on more pantry item gathering

      Delete
  6. I love seeing your sweet photo with your adorable and wise kitties! I am grateful for the wisdom and encouragement that you share! Thank you for blessing others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome I feel a nudging to be gathering things we would need

      Delete
  7. I love the photo of you and your babies. You are so pretty. I am so happy you & your DH are fully vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thankful to be vaccinated I am now worried about variants and feel we need to be stocking up our storage. Even at that I am finding things hit and miss or not at all

      Delete
  8. SO good to see your sweet face! And the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do make great pictures thank you. Finding I am nervous about varients so I feel the need to put in more things

      Delete
  9. The tiny sweater is precious! That would make a fun gift or a Christmas ornament! Is the little hanger part knit also?

    Always enjoy (just don't comment) your frugal messages. thank you~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a plastic hanger from a yard sale I would like to make a bunch I may make wire hangers. I have been feeling the nudge to put up food for the pantry and batteries light bulbs

      Delete
  10. Hello there I love the pic of that lady with the kitties. Gus has been trying to take your picture for years. I’m glad you listened to him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gus is sure a tricky one. My hair was wet but they never both get up on the arm of the chair at the same time. Thank you

      Delete
  11. Oh, I do enjoy the fun of organizing and then appreciate the ease of use afterwards. I'll bet you wove the pretty basket holding seeds in the top picture. That is one tiny, adorable sweater! Looks like you're surrounded by your feline babies =^.^= Love that about our kitties.
    I'm glad you and your DH were able to get vaccinated. We should be getting our vaccines soon.
    Keep warm and well.
    Mary in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one behind me I made as well... I suspect there are many in my blogs over the years. I have another tiny sweater started I would like to make a lot of them I too like organizing always looking to do it better.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...