Monday, October 3, 2022

Monday Message

"The best food storage is not in welfare grain elevators but in sealed cans and bottles in the homes of our people. What a gratifying thing it is to see cans of wheat and rice and beans under the beds or in the pantries of women who have taken welfare responsibility into their own hands. Such food may not be tasty, but it will be nourishing if it has to be used." (President Gordon B. Hinckley)

It isn't a fad, just plain common sense to have stuff tucked away for a rainy day.

The garden is winding down now. Soon it will be time to put it to bed for the winter. (See me grinning ear to ear)

If you don't have a garden, just pick up some extra non-perishable items when you go to the grocery store especially since winter is fast approaching. Something else to consider is all the wild weather everywhere in the world. Having some extra food on hand would be very wise.

I made a hat. This is the pattern I used - https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b956243266c07ce66aa74b8/t/5bafee9d1905f4c995f2e6ec/1538256541799/North+Shore+Hat+PDF.pdf

I have another one already started.

Have you been working on learning to make sourdough? Here's something you can do with the discard - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTR4T37F_hA&t=2s

This week our weather is finally cooler and it finds me still organizing. I wanted to first use what I had on hand for the containers and second, I wanted to put together smaller containers with the basic things needed for that craft. The rest are stored in bigger totes, hard to carry but I put them in a way that would be easy to get needed items. The tools needed for those crafts I organized in small containers.


Next as you guessed is embroidery.

What is in the bigger tote for this is more thread and fabrics, embroidery hoops, things that I can access but are too big for the little container.


Next is my little blue tote I use for beads.

Then for my tatting I used this tin. 

If you look closely on the tatting booklet you will see a bookmark I have just started in yellow.

The last thing I did was move my sock machine. I finally found the best spot for it.

I have more room, my tools are organized in a container that turns.

On the wall behind you will see the little sweaters I made last year. I put a sock I made on the big blocker. You can see the old metal sock blockers I found many years ago at a yard sale - fifty cents for both, those are on the left. And to the right you will see glove blockers from yet another yard sale for ten cents. The mini mitten blocker hanging inside and the mini sock blockers are all key chains I picked up at yarn shops in Alabama when visiting our daughter. The tiny sock was what I made to go on the mini wooden sock blocker. The mini mitten I haven't yet made for the mini mitten blocker.

Then I thought I would show sock tubes I make on the sock machine in various stages. I cut and insert heels and made toes.

Missy says keep working at those skills and picking up a little extra at the grocery store each visit, it will add up.

Gus says don't let your momma take a picture while you are napping.

4 comments:

  1. HOLA BECKY: ERES TAN ORDENADA¡¡¡¡ TENGO MIS RESTOS DE LANA ENREDADOS POR TODOS LADOS, SE DESPERDICIA MUCHO Y CON LO QUE CUESTA LA LANA HOY EN DIA, NO SE QUE HACER, LOS OVILLOS SE MEZCLAN ENTRE SI, HELP ME¡¡¡¡¡¡ TENGO TELAS QUE ALMACENO EN UN BAUL DE MADERA, GUARDO TELAS, RECORTES DE CAMISAS QUE YA NO SE USAN LAS RECORTO Y SACO LOS BOTONES QUE SERVIRAN PARA OTROS TRABAJOS. ME ENCANTAN TUS COLORIDOS CALCETINES, YO SIGO TRABAJANDO EN MAS CALCETINES Y CAMINOS DE MESA, AHORA TENGO EL BABY SHOWER DE MI PROXIMA NIETA QUE NACERA EN NOVIEMBRE Y ESTOY HACIENDO BABEROS BORDADOS PARA REGALAR A LAS DAMAS QUE CONCURRIRAN, ESTOY MUY OCUPADA PERO ME GUSTA MUCHO HACER REGALOS CON MIS PROPIAS MANOS. MI HIJA PRISCILA SALIO BIEN DE LA OPERACION DE SU VESICULA, SE LA EXTRAJERON, ELL LO ESTA HACIENDO MUY BIEN, ELLA ES UNA JOVENCITA MUY VALIENTE. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the yarn is a creature all on it's own I saw some where that one person rolls them in balls and uses a hair pin to pin the end in place.....it would take lots of hair pins but sounded good. I just get into organizing this time of year. I would love to see the bibs when you are done I love your work.

      Delete
    2. Becky, you are so organized, I love it ! I love the hat . you do such great work.

      Delete
    3. I am always on the lookout for better idead

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...