Monday, March 20, 2023

Monday Message

"Most of us cannot afford to store a year’s supply of luxury items, but find it more practical to store staples that might keep us from starving in case of emergency." (James E. Faust)

Well I have been sick all week with a cold I caught at church. Suffice it to say I will have to be wearing a mask from now on. My immune system is just not as good as it once was. I guess I have to accept that. Even before Covid it was bad but now seems very much worse. I tested negative for Covid so that is good at least. So pushing through this week doing just what I have to. I did move my knitting machines into a better spot the day before I got sick, which should have been my warning it was coming. I seem to do moving of furniture the day before I get sick, I think it must be a burst of energy I get to help with getting sick but I don't recognize it and get projects done.


Some of you may have noticed Gus's pic, he is watching over us. 

At least I got it tended. I also restored three sponge bars for the one knitting machine.

I hate being sick. I'm a very bad patient I think as I don't like to rest that much. But I pushed through my "have to do things" the rest of the week.

Soon as I feel up to it I will have to start seed for the garden.

Have you been working out your garden for this year?

https://www.gracefullittlehoneybee.com/15-money-saving-tips-from-a-frugal-gardener/ - she has great ideas.

https://www.almanac.com/content/starting-seeds-indoors - here is a great site on why and how to start seeds indoors.

It is a huge cost saving thing to do.

http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2018/11/monday-message.html - here is a past post with scratch cooking, this is helpful to our budgets.

Today while really feeling lousy and worried tomorrow will be lousy as well, I did a big crockpot of chili and made a loaf of bread.

My Chili:

1 lb of browned and drained hamburger *but if you don't eat hamburger you can omit, lots of times I have made it without and it is great either way*

Four cans of tomato soup, I have used tomato sauce at times as well.

1 can of drained dark kidney beans (you can use any)

A good size pinch of granulated garlic (you can use any)

1 1/2 Tbsp dried onions (you can use any) I am not feeling good enough to use anything but dried today

2 to 3 Tbsp of chili powder

Pinch of sugar

Pinch of pepper

I just let it stay on low in the crockpot all day

So I have been adding the bread mix to switch it up. I always add a handful of oats, in addition to that I have added a handful of five grain cereal which is fantastic. Today I added those things plus about a fourth cup chopped pecans. Find out all the things you can do with this versatile bread recipe here - https://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2019/08/monday-message.html

By doing these things today it will provide meals for a few days and I can rest more.

https://www.gracefullittlehoneybee.com/30-items-can-make-home-save-money/ - I just love her site.

https://www.gracefullittlehoneybee.com/15-creative-ways-to-fight-inflation-in-the-kitchen/

https://www.gracefullittlehoneybee.com/ - spend some time going through her site, I really love it.

What do you do when you are under the weather?

I have been watching podcasts on dying and weaving and I have been knitting baby socks as a gift, trying to get them done at the same time. I have been knitting from the yarn cake one sock from the outside yarn, the other from the inside yarn.

Missy says she thinks when you are under the weather stay in your bag but then she loves her bag think she loves me to be not far away so we are doing lots of resting.  She is well I am not but Missy says keep working at being frugal.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are on the mend soon. There are so many viruses about these days; it is prudent to stay masked and sanitize as needed. Cats and children love small spaces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy just loves this bag...we are working at being well I hate being sick I really do

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...