Monday, August 5, 2019

Monday Message



"Our Heavenly Father created this beautiful earth, with all its abundance, for our benefit and use. His purpose is to provide for our needs as we walk in faith and obedience. He has lovingly commanded us to ‘prepare every needful thing’ (see D&C 109:8) so that, should adversity come, we may care for ourselves and our neighbors, and support bishops as they care for others." (All is Safely Gathered In pamphlet) 

I think this is a wonderful blessing.  



I picked up this stitchery a yard sale framed for one dollar twenty years or more ago. Someone labored lovingly over this, only fitting it should be on display.

Prepare for every needful thing is all encompassing and we can get easily overwhelmed but remember slow and steady. I cannot state it enough - do not go into debt for your storage!

I had three empty buckets I had cleaned and waiting. I thought about what to put in them and decided on flour. I dump the flour in and then I put three bay leaves on top of the flour and put on the lid, then I write the date and label it and put it into rotation.

I did some vacuum sealing too. I had gotten white cornmeal out of the damage cart. They had a bit torn on the package of a five pound bag for 99 cents. I got two packages a week apart. So pick up a little here and there it does add up. So for $1.98 I got ten lbs of white cornmeal.

This week I harvested my herbs and will be doing so again as they grow more. If you saw a few blogs back, the activity day girls and their leader and family built and made us a wonderful herb garden and delivered it to us. It had cute painted rocks and was just perfect. Here are those herbs...



Remember to work on your skill building...

This is the best recipe for bread! My friend Liza has tweaked it and said we could share with all of you this little cookbook she made using one recipe with many variations. It is my favorite! Once I made a loaf in the machine and did one by hand and they turned out just the same. So if you do not have a bread machine, you can still do it by hand. 


(Don't forget you can click on images to make them bigger!)
























Thank you Liza for sharing with us all!!

16 comments:

  1. Oh my, those cinnamon rolls!! Guess what this girl has learned to make over the past few weeks? Homemade biscuits. I am quite proud of myself and my husband has fallen in love all over again. ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely breads! And I love the idea of making up mixes once a month! So wise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so fast when you have a busy morning so very handy

      Delete
  3. Thank you are your friend for sharing these delicious recipes. Might be time for me to get some bread mix made up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pan to make hamburger rolls! Where would I find one of those to purchase? Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine at a yard sale but king author they have hamb bun pans

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the recipes...And I actually found a pan at the thrift shop a week ago for buns..Knew it would come in handy one day; so I bought it for $1.99

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great buy ...sorry I didn't catch this before but I love getting pans you can't find so many anymore at the stores I went into a kitchen store there was not one bread pan at all so yes grab them when you can.

      Delete
  6. Delish Becky!! You have given me such inspiration for tomorrow morning when I am up to bake bread. Fresh Raisin Cinnamon bread for breakfast will go down well when my tribe awake. And oooohhhh laaaaa that glaze on your cinnamon rolls, gonna have to try that.
    What do the bay leaves do for the flour in the buckets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put two Bay leaves on top of flour before adding lid I do this to find the two when I open so one isn't lost and goes into cookies but I will know to look for two. The reason I do this is to keep bugs out and works great this isn't bugs trying to get in this is so if anything was on or in the bag it won't grow or make more and this too is why you don't store flour in the paper bags as they could be in the folds of the bag and if one bag at store has the bugs it sweeps thru them all....i don't want them in my flour this isn't just flour I do with all grains wheat berries pasta popcorn Bay leaves don't leave a taste either unless you don't find one leaf and it goes into your cookies not good I say since then I count same in same out number of Bay leaves. Plus never store your buckets on the cement always put scrap of wood between cement and buckets any floor just put scrap wood down. The recipes in the turquoise booklet in this blog and lots of others is the absolute best bread ever that is why I keep putting it in. I can't afford to buy bread flour so I make it one tsp vital wheat gluten to one cup of all purpose flour is bread flour so I just add it to my mix in the jar I keep about ten jars ahead of this I mix up works great when I am too busy I dump it in the water in the bread machine and push a button but if you don't have a bread machine just do exactly the same measurements and do buy hand and don't add anymore flour and perfect every time.

      Delete
  7. Hola comentar que me gusta mucho su blog , no puedo leer las recetas de pan ,no se ingles, ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. intenta cortarlo y pegarlo en el traductor de Google, así es como puedo leer tu mensaje.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...