Monday, June 10, 2024

Monday Message

"Our Heavenly Father created this beautiful earth, with all its abundance, for our benefit and use. His purpose is to provide for our needs as we walk in faith and obedience. He has lovingly commanded us to ‘prepare every needful thing’ (see D&C 109:8) so that, should adversity come, we may care for ourselves and our neighbors, and support bishops as they care for others." (All is Safely Gathered In pamphlet)

It sure seems like we are all in turmoil, weather is broken here, we keep getting severe weather and worse is hitting elsewhere. Having storage on hand makes it easier and faster to help others in these hard times.

It has been hard back-breaking work but I planted the strawberries and put a cover over to keep out the critters. I planted four apple trees and have gifted others. I have planted the seedlings I had started so, live or die, they are in ground. I will work with what I get.

I made up jam from the last of my raspberries and peaches I froze last year. So peach raspberry jam. 

I used some milk that needed to be used to make two quarts of yogurt and cream cuts. Someone wanted to see what they looked like...

It is like buttery pie crust on bottom and on top, the pudding in the middle is like a rich French pudding and is topped off with almond icing. Get the recipe HERE.

My husband's mom made this for us when we came in from a snowmobile date all cold. This was so good.

Because I store the basics in my storage, I had everything on hand to make it.

As you get your groceries or stop in at the store, pick up a few basics that you can tuck away like salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, yeast, sugar, shortening...little by little it will add up.

Stick some seeds in pots if you can't garden. Every little bit helps.

I rearranged the watercolor table...it is a bit more balanced. I am tired of moving things about though so enough of that for now.

How are you coming on learning a skill? I know it is hard to find the time. Spread it out to fit your schedule. Break each part down. For example, if you got a machine and you want to make a t-shirt... Step one - learn different things about your machine. Step two - find the pattern and fabric (this might be using an adult size one to repurpose to learn on). Next step could be study the directions for pattern.

Just break things down. Plus, if you find your machine is skipping stitches on knit fabric, you need to use a ball needle.

I would throw into this next step to watch some podcasts and sew some swatches to understand your machine.

We don't need to do it all in one go. Take a learn as you go approach.

Missy says that you will get things done, don't heap too much on your to-do list, enjoy the things you do as well.

Tippy Longstockings says remember to be kind in all you do.

5 comments:

  1. HOLA BECKY: TENEMOS LOS MISMOS PROBLEMAS AQUI, LAMENTABLEMENTE SE HA VUELTO DIFICIL VIVIR Y PODER SATISFACE TODAS NUESTRAS NECESIDADES. LAS FACTURAS DE GAS, DEL SERVICIO ELECTRICO Y DEL INTERNET HAN AUMENTADO CONSIDERABLEMENTE, SE HAN VUELTO MUY COSTOSOS, NOSOTROS SOMOS JUBILADOS Y REALMENTE EL DINERO YA NO ALCANZA, ES UNA SITUACION QUE PREOCUPA. ESTAMOS EN OTOÑO Y HUBO DIAS COMO SI FUERA INVIERNO, AHORA PARECE PRIMAVERA CON 25 CENTIGRADOS, EL CLIMA SE HA VUELTO BASTANTE LOCO, ¿QUE ME COMENTAS DEL TUYO? ¿PORQUE SE TARDAN LOS COMENTARIOS EN APARECER EN TU BLOG? ALGUNOS NO LOS HE VISTO, ¿TIENES PROBLEMA CON TU INTERNET? PASA POR MI BLOG CUANDO TENGAS TIEMPO, BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell you off to very hot and dry we had bad storms in the beginning we too are in same boat as you I think lots are having it hard... things have gone up so much doesn't spread things out all insurances are high meds are high just have to keep doing what ever we can believe me I know it is hard. I think comments go up when my daughter has time she has many jobs she is a good girlie

      Delete
    2. Happy anniversary to you both our fiftieth anniversary is tomorrow

      Delete
  2. It is prudent to purchase extra items for your pantry. Look for sale items through the year.
    The fall and winter holidays provide
    Lots of deals on items for baking.
    I was making muffins this week and ran out of baking powder.
    I looked in my freezer and found two containers of it.
    The expiration date was 2020.
    I put a teaspoon of baking soda in a bit of vinegar and it bubbled away.
    I store my yeast and most of my baking products in a chest freezer.
    Some of it years out of code and perfectly fine to use.
    I bought five one pound packages of yeast years ago pre COVID.
    During that time there was simply no yeast of any kind in grocery stores.
    It gave me plenty to use and share if anyone needed any.
    I have 14 peach trees but alas I got one peach only.
    The hoards of evil squirrels have stripped every last peach this year.
    So no peach jam or cobbler for me this year! But I'm considering tender peach fed roasted squirrel for my dinner menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to suggest dining on squirrel as well. Yes I keep yeast in freezer and a using jar I keep in frig and never had it go bad. We won't be having peaches this year either might be every other year....or does the tree know we will drought and be hot as ever...?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...