"I wish to urge again the importance of self-reliance on the part of every individual Church member and family. None of us knows when a catastrophe might strike. Sickness, injury, unemployment may affect any of us. We have a great welfare program with facilities for such things as grain storage in various areas. It is important that we do this. But the best place to have some food set aside is within our homes, together with a little money in savings. The best welfare program is our own welfare program. Five or six cans of wheat in the home are better than a bushel in the welfare granary." (President Gordon B. Hinckley)
I hope your week was great.
I spent three days doing an overhaul of my sewing space...
I moved the furniture around. Then I rolled all the fabric in the wire drawers. I had fabric folded in the drawers but would have to rifle through looking for what I wanted.
So I thought rolling it would be better, no rifling. I can see all of the fabrics. This is way better but took soooooo long (too long) but worth it now.
In these pictures, you see all my machines except for two treadle machines in the dining room. Plus one in the cabinet - it is a very old singer black.
This now is very organized. Half of the room is sewing and the other half is stamping for making cards.
I gave the children's patterns I had to a young mom who sews for her kids which freed up space. I used what I had on hand to organize this space - being frugal and elbow grease and lots of sweat, it was soooo hot.
Looks to be getting warmer again. I am really anxious for cooler weather.
The garden is coming to a halt.
Keep working on your storage. Prices will still rise so stick storage away to help you when you need it. Our gas is still over four dollars. We have to pick and choose where and if we go.
The kids are back in school, so on we go to the next part of the year...
https://www.sixfiguresunder.com/inexpensive-handmade-gifts/
https://www.pinterest.com/thepeacefulmom/diy-gifts-on-a-budget/
We need to gear up for winter. Even though it is soooo hot, I have drained the rain barrel and we are preparing for winter because it's going to come in these parts of the world.
Missy says be actively building your storage and pick up water with it. Just do the best you can.
Tippy Longstockings says try to keep your spirits high, find free fun each day. She plays with Mr. Wiggles, her mouse toy.










No comments:
Post a Comment