Monday, August 12, 2024

Monday Message

"You do not need to go into debt, may I add, to obtain a year’s supply. Plan to build up your food supply just as you would a savings account. Save a little for storage each pay-check." (President Ezra Taft Benson)

Have you ever had a huge job you needed to do and thought how ever will I get it done? Well, our basement was that task. I had to move many things, many times when we replaced the furnace and then had to put things back. A food storage shelf failed twice. Different shelves and the water heater needed replacing. Things just got shoved where I could get them out of the way for repairs.  

What I told myself was wait for a heatwave to come and then I will like going to work down there. Well, that time came. Hard work it has been but here is how I tackle a huge job... I tell myself one hour a day, then quit, and that is how I have been tackling this. If after an hour I feel like I can do more, I can do that, but at the two-hour mark I am pretty wore out. I can chuckle at this end of it... more like I have to work to find something to do, as all the big things have gotten tended.  

So if you are faced with a huge task, break it down do just a little at a time same with storage a little at a time.


I finished the dress I was working on last week. I had to be creative. I bought the fabric at Salvation Army for $2.99. The person had cut the full length of fabric down the fold so I really had to be creative but it turned out, so that was good.

But it did make me aware that things did not flow well in the sewing room, so when the dress was done I fixed the problems.

I moved my sewing space so that each ironing station is to the right of the machines.



I decided to switch up carts and put this one at the watercoloring desk. Which means I shifted things on my desk a bit.

Being so very busy and tired, I have decided to do one fun thing a day. I just started this so maybe that is something you would like to do for yourself as well.

I made this watercolor palette out of an Altoid tin a while ago. So my one fun thing for last two days was to swatch my watercolor sets. It took me two days I had children watercolor sets that I thought would at best tint the water. Boy, was I surprised! They had great color.

Another day I found this - https://seekatesew.com/cat-toy-sewing-pattern/ and did two. I made them as the fun thing to do that day.


My husband calls them cat fish since each fish has cat fabric on them. The directions call for a potato chip bag but I had this...

A cereal bag I could use. It's more crinkly than the chip bag. I also put some catnip in it for added fun.

Did the girls like them???




They loved them!

So if you find you are working too much, take a break and do one fun thing a day.

Missy says remember to be kind to others and you too might find a fun fish toy.

Tippy Longstockings says keep working on your storage and you may have fabric scraps to make a fish toy, plus, it is a good skill builder item!

13 comments:

  1. HOLA BECKY, ME ENCANTAN TUS VESTIDOS PERO TODAVIA NO SUBISTE NINGUNA FOTO CON ELLOS PUESTOS, ¿CUANDO VAS A PUBLICAR UNA FOTO? PASA POR MI BLOG Y VERAS LO QUE ENCONTRE EN LA BASURA DE UNA CASA, ESTABAN DEMOLIENDO Y TIRARON ALGUNAS COSAS Y MI ESPOSO ENCONTRO ESTAS BELLEZAS DENTRO DE UNA CAJA. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is great and frugal a fantastic thing...no one but you wants to see me in any dresses for sure but I will try to remember on Sunday as we head out to church

      Delete
  2. What a great sewing centre! Madelyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I still am tight in there but so far it is working well

      Delete
  3. I wish I could read Spanish! LOL
    Pat/Central Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to run things thru the translator as I can't read it either.

      Delete
  4. It is a very tiny space but since I haven't changed it up again I think it is as efficient as can be thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great job well organized for your feeling like sewing days..love the flower

      Delete
  5. Your dress is very nice. Great find on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always keep my eye out when I go in to a thrift store can't always get but this day I was able to. Thank you

      Delete
  6. I love the cat fish Idea, i must make some for Willow and other kitties of my friends. Great idea. love all you do !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...