Monday, September 9, 2024

Monday Message

"Our Heavenly Father created this beautiful earth, with all its abundance, for our benefit and use. His purpose is to provide for our needs as we walk in faith and obedience. He has lovingly commanded us to ‘prepare every needful thing’ (see D&C 109:8) so that, should adversity come, we may care for ourselves and our neighbors, and support bishops as they care for others." (All is Safely Gathered In pamphlet)

You are all probably working with summer's bounty if you are in our neck of the woods, and if not, are you thinking of what you will be planting?

Some years our zucchini is good, other times it doesn't do well. This year the plant is out doing itself. We have eaten a lot and there's more coming. Some hid so well and got bigger - no problem, we love zucchini!

Did you know you could make relish from zucchini ?? Yes, you can.

Our gardens are for some reason this year not doing so well. All are complaining of the same things.

I have been dehydrating my tomatoes and eating as they come. They are struggling this year and are not very big. Many have complained of this as well.  My grandmother loved sliced tomatoes with a sprinkle of sugar on them. This is my preferred way as well. It is more like fruit, it tastes so different then with salt on. So the next time you slice a tomato take one slice and sprinkle it with sugar and see what you think...yum!

How are you coming with your skill building?

https://www.ehow.com/how_2041672_read-sewing-pattern.html - this will help you read a sewing pattern better... it will unlock the secrets... I always think they have secrets :p

I have the other three dresses cut waiting to be sewn out of the large dresses. If you need to be frugal while sewing, look for larger clothing that can be used over again in another way. I know fabrics are so high in price. This is a good way of getting around that.

I have been working on my dish towels.

That white line is the cutting line I mentioned before but now you can maybe see better that the towels are two different towels.

As our weather is cooling I will be making up the bread mixes. I do ten jars at a time...

https://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2021/05/monday-message_10.html

https://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2022/06/monday-message_20.html - this has the bread recipe booklet that has the different things you can use the bread mix for.

These are still my very favorite recipes.

We still need to be as frugal as we can to stretch those dollars...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hry9uyd_108 - this gal has great ideas.

https://www.pinterest.com/simonavery2/frugal-times/

https://www.prudentpennypincher.com/200-cheap-easy-skillet-recipes/

I found this at the recycle place near us....

This will be my motto I think.

Missy says she finds joy in her bag and you need to find joy as well.


Tippy Longstockings says find joy in your life - find your happy place.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try your tomatoes and sugar this week ... the first I heard of it !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...