Monday, September 2, 2024

Monday Message

"We can begin ever so modestly. We can begin with a one week’s food supply and gradually build it to a month, and then to three months. I am speaking now of food to cover basic needs. . .I fear that so many feel that a long-term food supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all. . .Begin in a small way, … and gradually build toward a reasonable objective." (President Gordon B. Hinckley)

If you haven't yet started, this is wonderful advice, especially now.

How are you doing with skill building?

Remember last week I got those huge knit dresses? Well, I did one up and have three to go.

I was able to pin the pattern in such a way to use the neck band, sleeve bands, pockets, and hem. I have three more to go.

I have finished the weaving part of the first towel. In all there will be three - I am learning a lot!

The white two rows is where I will cut them apart and hem them when I take them off. The first towel is more periwinkle and you can see number two towel will have more pumpkin and the third will be more green.  

I am wanting to do a punch needle project along with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0MEUaaXpFc so I went through my house to pull the yarn size that she is using.

I have the punch needles already...

Collected over decade (yes, you read that right).

There was one thing though - having fibro makes it hard to hang onto things for long periods of time. So my husband gifted me this stand.

I have a hoop in it that I was ready to embroider, so I grabbed it to test the stand. I think it will work great. It is good for embroidery, punch needle, tambour embroidery - these are all things I want to learn and build on. These skills help with things to give for gifts and to pretty my nest.

So today I will organize the items needed for all and do more testing of fabrics I have.

What skills are you working on?

I have dehydrator going with these tomatoes plus a couple more trays. 

Being able to preserve our garden produce is so very helpful to our budget.

The zucchini is destined for a few meals this coming week.

Covid is starting to show up again in our neck of the woods so back to masks is coming. They hurt my ears a lot so I will be making this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwdTQZt-x5g

I hate having to do this again but we are in high risk, so we must.

This is a beginner friendly one. I say if you are wanting to learn to crochet as a skill, this will be helpful. Also, just using a scrap of yarn will be frugal.

So you see the skills help me today be able to make these to help my ears.

 I am thankful for what skills I have and will be working on more.

Missy says having skills is a great thing as there is always a cat toy to be made.

Tippy Longstockings asks if being just right in front of the fan is a skill? As summer days get hot, notice they call it dog days of summer, not cat days...

2 comments:

  1. What kinds of zucchini recipes do you all enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like two ways the best one is frying like fried potatoes with dried onion and garlic salt top with cheese the next way is our fav grill jamb buns with a tough of garlic salt then in a frying pan put a diced zucchini and dry garlic and onion cook when tender add diced tomato cook and stir till all is tender and cooked top with parmesan cheese cook till melted serve open face on the buns wonderful uptown taste

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...