Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday Message


(Ezra Taft Benson, October 1973)
“The revelation to store food may be as essential to our temporal salvation today as boarding the ark was to the people in the days of Noah.”

(J. Reuben Clark, Jr., Conference Report, April 1937, p. 26)
“Let every head of every household see to it that he has on hand enough food and clothing, and, where possible, fuel also, for at least a year ahead. You of small means put your money in foodstuffs and wearing apparel, not in stocks and bonds.”

I think we all saw the empty shelves with hurricane Matthew, it makes so much sense to have food and any storage up in your home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-MSAyMMXAM this is from one of our own, Deb Hadden tells us of her preparedness, they will all follow if you keep on as she did in segments - thanks Deb! 

http://theprudenthomemaker.com/living-on-food-storage this is so inspiring to see her storage. I have had this on before and I follow her, she is a member of the church and still works actively on her storage and she works on her skills. She is teaching herself French and makes gifts for birthdays and Christmas.

http://theprudenthomemaker.com/index.php/recipes/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=271&Itemid=423 you can see some of her skills on the left.

http://theprudenthomemaker.com/blog?view=entry&id=88 this is very much a great read!

I think we all too often think nothing will happen to us, but the truth is we all should be prepared.

Do you know how to can?? I think this we should all know how to do it. I can tell you we have been enjoying homemade bread toasted with peach jam from peaches from our own peach trees.


I have sourdough going and have been adding a half cup into my bread, it is sooooo wonderful.

Does it take work? I have never lied, it does take hard work, but we should never shy away from working hard.

I have been working at learning to weave and while I watched General Conference I worked on the table top loom which has four harnesses. I put it on the foot stool and I worked on it while watching then we broke for chili, stew and big homemade cinnamon rolls.


This is what I am learning and teaching myself it has been hard but worth it. And is helping me make gifts.

I have been knitting, crocheting, weaving, tatting and sewing to get these gifts tended. I like to have my gifts in the mail by November.

I have an incredibly painful tare in the tendon in my right knee so I have been going very very slow, it causes me cry baby pain. I had this a few years ago in my arm but I could rest my arm more, really hard to do when it is the knee. Vary hard, hurts horrid whether or not I hold it still, it is in bad pain. I hate having to slow down but we need to listen to our bodies. The hardest part of having fibromyalgia is I cannot feel well enough to be physically present now when there is so much need. I do pray and send names into the temple. But I hate not being able to be there in person to help, there is no shortage of people who need help.

I am not whining much, things could be far worse.

We must find joy. 

I packed my projects in a bag and has everything I need and I keep it near. This has been very helpful.

Keep working on your storage, no matter how poor we are get a jar of peanut butter or two packages of jello or a box of band-aids, very little if that is all you have like us, it will add up. Plus, we have been told if we truly will work on it we will be blessed.

I am noticing we need to build up our milk powder from the cannery. That is our goal to build that and oats and I truly believe a way will be made to acquire these.

We use both these items each day and it has been several years since we got these items and so we stocked well to go three years.

So no matter your income do what you can. Learn skills, build storage.

Cooking from scratch can do two things - one, can extend your dollars and, two, is if you have no dollars you still eat well because you used your skills.

Do the best you can… Pray for what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...