Monday, December 10, 2018

Monday Message


“Our Heavenly Father created this beautiful earth, with all its abundance, for our benefit and use. His purpose is to provide for our needs as we walk in faith and obedience. He has lovingly commanded us to ‘prepare every needful thing’ (see D&C 109:8) so that, should adversity come, we may care for ourselves and our neighbors, and support bishops as they care for others.”

Preparing every needful thing is a huge responsibility and it is ever important that we not put it off. It cannot be done in a day or even a week. We can work steady and within our means, it will add up and when you get to a certain point you will just be replacing what you use provided you are rotating.

Yesterday about four our internet went out and it made me think I needed to remind you that if you are totally relying on the internet for everything you really need to have hard copies of things. If you think that you are not that dependent on the internet stop using it for even one night. I found myself wanting to do a search and was almost typing it in before remembering the internet was out. My husband wanted to find a word definition, now we have dictionaries in hard copy but it turns out they're very outdated. Plus, emailing family and friends was down…

So these are just small examples. I think if you sit and ponder you can see where you might be affected but really try not using it for one night and you will see how dependent you and your family are on this…and what to do as a back up. Can you imagine if the internet went down all at once all around the world? Some of us remember life before it but some it’s all they know. 

I am still under the weather. I hope that you got your sick plan set in place. I have been pushing through what needs doing but slowly and with lots of Kleenex. I did have to do an errand and on the way I saw this stool by the highway they set out with their garbage, so I turned around for a closer look. I thought it would be perfect for when I am spinning. It is very sturdy and it was covered with heavy frost. I put it in the car and went back as they had stuff that had gone into the highway lane. I moved it off the highway as this was on a hill. I washed the stool up when I got home and put this little rug on it. As I thought, it is perfect to sit on and spin.




I took the ornaments I knitted and put them in the wooden bowl and put on the shelf underneath.



Wishing I felt better. But happy with my frugal find for the week. It made having to run the errand well worth it.



I vacuum sealed four pints of raisins. I bring this up to say I keep my vacuum sealer at the ready. It is plugged in at all times. This makes it easy to vacuum seal in minutes without having to pull it out and with fibromyalgia it saves me in less pain and energy.



Now is the time to brush up on those bread making skills. It is not too hot to bake anymore. If you are gluten free try to bake some of the gluten free breads and store what it takes to make things you can have. The same goes for people who don’t have that need, store the ingredients to make your bread.



This is showing the newer toilet paper tube which is larger around - pay more get less, seems to be an ongoing theme.

A tip about the picture at the top - I use an electric knife to slice my bread. I find that if I slice it all at once it keeps better. Even when I freeze it after slicing.

Keep working at building your storage, learning your skills, living frugally and take time to rest.

13 comments:

  1. Nice stool!!
    I wonder if Vitamin C would help you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may be turning the corner vita c tends to make me have the runs I know tmi

      Delete
  2. Our internet was down for about 24 hours too and it is always surprising how many things we rely on it for including music. My husband finally turned on the radio but we had not used it for a very long time and he had to get it tuned up and working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know it is interesting how we felt like we were lost I know it wears off but amazing how it creeped right in

      Delete
  3. What a great little stool and you are right. It is perfect for spinning. Your bread is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great looking bread! You have done a lot for feeling sick. Your right about the internet, we have come to depend on it a lot. I have been printing recipes and information that I like to have for reference. You never know when this information system we have might go down, for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have printed patterns that now they are charging for the same patterns so not only a good idea saved money too

      Delete
  5. That toilet paper thing drives me crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know get less pay more I am noticing lots of changes our Walmart no longer offers wheat berries just already ground wheat and lots of products seem to be disappearing so I think rougher times ahead.

      Delete
  6. I love the stool, and gleaned so much from your blog. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...