Monday, January 4, 2021

Monday Message

"Most of us cannot afford to store a year’s supply of luxury items, but find it more practical to store staples that might keep us from starving in case of emergency." (James E. Faust)

It looks like we need to stay the course. I know it is hard but we have done it this far we just need to keep doing it. What will they say about this in the history books I wonder? My thought is we all are glad to see 2020 go.

We are heading into the darkest part of winter and we will need to stay in so we need to find fun things to do inside our four walls.

Keeping this in mind, I started a little knitted ornament about four times now. Never give up! I have it tucked in a small knitting bag. When I am not working on it I have it in the bag, that is when I get a cross look from Missy and when I have it out and working on it, this happens...

Do you spy the bag? I will give you a clue - look under Missy. Yep, she claims it and that is that! I guess I better put it in another bag.

So looking for stuff to work on, I got out some yarn if nothing more than to be inspired but I am pretty sure I will figure out what I can make with it.

I have a list of what I want to do. I want to teach myself...

Free motion applique and writing my name with a regular sewing machine

Chalkboard art

Needle felting, I do know how but want to learn more

More bobbin lace

I want to do more dyeing of fiber

I want to weave more and spin more, sew more, read more, knit more...I think you see what I am saying. I want to find more time to learn and then when this pandemic is over at last, I look forward to being around people once again but for now I choose to stay away and wash hands and wear a mask to help do my part to stop the spread.

I find my thoughts have gone back to a story in the Bible where the poisonous snakes were biting and killing people but all the people needed to do was look upon a staff and be healed but some thought that won't work, it is too easy...wearing masks is easy and works and yet many won't.

I am so sad at the loss of life, sad for their loved ones.

I think we need to find happy things now more than ever.

https://lauragraceweldon.com/2016/02/03/45-cures-for-cabin-fever/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/149674387589656254/ - I love these ideas.

Yes, we need to go above and beyond to make fun. Even when we are tired, we must make fun for our families. I for one love the pom-pom shooter.

https://www.pinterest.com/whynotmom/indoor-activities-for-cabin-fever/ - I love that castle from the box, I would love to do these things.

The key is to play as well as the kids, playing together brings much more fun and memories.

https://www.todaysparent.com/family/activities/fun-things-to-do-at-home/

I think there are a ton of ideas with these sites, if you have older kids have them help make some as well.

A tip as well you know how fast you tire of Christmas snacking, freeze some and bring it out in a very dull part of winter.

I love the idea of the plastic plates taped to a tongue depressor and bat a balloon back and forth.

Find a corner designated for Legoland. Put masking tape down showing that Legos have to stay inside the space but don't have to be put up all the time, just kept in that space. Maybe write on a piece of paper something like, house or castle or boat and that is the item they need to build but the Legos stay in the taped off area and their creations can stay as long as they like having a place they can just go in and create.

www.freereadfeed.com - I have shared before has free books daily and you can find a free children's book and read one a day. 

You can do a search for what you want to learn and have a free class right there. Also, you could learn it with your kids.

But the main thing I want to stress is find fun, find joy to get you through the darkest time of winter.  Remember “me” time is good too so you can recharge your batteries.

Missy says her “me” time means my bag.

Gus says to stay safe and asks if there's something on his back?? :p

4 comments:

  1. HOLA BECKY: ¡¡¡HAPPY NEW YEAR¡¡¡ DECEO QUE DIOS TE PROSPERE EN TODOS TUS CAMINOS Y TE BENDIGA RICAMENTE. HE OIDO LAS NOTICIAS TAN ALARMANTES DE TU PAIS, DIOS MIO, CUANTAS MUERTES Y CUANTOS INFESTADOS, ESTE VIRUS PARECE QUE NO SE VA A DETENER NUNCA, AQUI EN MI PAIS, AL ESTAR EN VERANO, LA GENTE SALE DE VACACIONES AL MAR O OTROS LUGARES Y HA HABISDO UN AUMENTO CONSIDERABLE DE LOS CASOS, ESTA AUMENTANDO Y MUCHO EL CONTAGIO, HABIA DESCENDIDO UN POCO, PERO LA GENTE COMENZO A RELAJARCE Y AHORA ESTAMOS CASI A LA PUERTA DE VOLVER AL ENCIERRO NUEVAMENTE, ES TERRIBLE TODO ESTO, GRACIAS A DIOS QUE TENEMOS UNA PILETA DE LONA GRANDE DONDE LOS CHICOS DISFRUTAN JUGAR EN EL AGUA, NO TIENEN NECESIDAD DE SALIR. HE ESTADO COSIENDO MUCHO Y MUCHO PARA REGALAR A MI FAMILIA ESTE FIN DE AÑO, ESPERO QUE PASES POR MI BLOG Y COMENTES SOBRE MIS TRABAJOS. TAMBIEN COMPRE LANA, HILOS DE BORDAR, TENGO RESTOS DE TELA PARA SEGUIR HACIENDO TRABAJOS DE COSTURA, BORDADO Y TEJIDO, SI SE PONE MAS DIFICIL POR EL VIRUS Y NO NOS DEJAN SALIR, TENDRE EN QUE OCUPARME. DIOS TE GUARDE DE TODO MAL, EL MUNDO ESTA EN VILO POR ESTE VIRUS TAN MALO, OREMOS A DIOS PARA QUE PODAMOS SALIR TRIUNFANTES DE ESTO. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is very bad and worse coming I am afraid the world is sure in turmoil for sure yes we pray for everyone who has been effected by the virus including nurses and medical so over burdened for sure. It is good that you have supplies I will love going to your blog you be safe there too. Happy new year to you.

      Delete
  2. GRACIAS BECKY POR PASAR POR MI BLOG. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...