Monday, April 19, 2021

Monday Message

"Follow the prophet. He has counseled us to plant a garden and fruit trees. This year don’t just think about it—do it. Grow all the food you possibly can. Also remember to buy a year’s supply of garden seeds so that, in case of a shortage, you will have them for the following spring." (Vaughn J. Featherstone)

Gardening really does help us - even though I really hate it in every way, we cannot love everything. I do love eating fresh produce though and canning the excess...so I push on and plant a garden.

So consider putting in a garden this year as a frugal way of stocking up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyuotOMy0B0&t=42s - she is very helpful on food storage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwaJss5AQKg - wheat bread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaUoiyj5re - a way to make freezer rolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9XgBwBhQYY - I love this gal.

I feel like the more we learn, the better we will be able to manage frugally. Building skills is way important, knowing how to do certain skills will save you so much money. Learn all you can and put these skills to use.

Gus uses his skills of watching birds and wildlife everyday.

This week I embroidered a mask I made. Of course, a certain someone was closely observing to see if I did it right.




I made bread as usual.

I did get a bit more spinning done this week. I am nearing the end of this spinning project.

The seeds are growing well...

So these are a few of the things I have done this week to be frugal. What things have you done this week? Share with us in the comments below.

Gus and Missy say now is not the time to let your guard down, continue being safe. You can make a mask and embroider on it too. Missy says she can supervise.

4 comments:

  1. ESA MASCARA ES PERFECTA, EL VIOLETA ES MI COLOR PREFERIDO, CREO QUE ME HARE UNA,SIGUIENDO TU MODELO. SIGO TRABAJANDO EN MI PROYECTO DE BORDADO, ESTOY UN POCO LENTA, ESTOY ANCIOSA Y PREOCUPADA, PORQUE EN CUALQUIER MOMENTO NACERA MI NUEVO NIETO Y HAY DEMASIADOS CASOS DE COVID, TANTO EN HOSPITALES PUBLICOS COMO CLINICAS Y SANATORIOS, LA CAPACIDAD DE CAMAS ESTAN AL LIMITE. TE PIDOS TUS FIELES ORACIONES PARA QUE MI HIJA TENGA UN PARTO SEGURO. GRACIAS POR PASAR POR MI BLOG, ME ALEGRA TU VISITA Y TUS PALABRAS. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayers in your direction for sure. I can see making several embroidered masks would be fun yes do the same I just drew it on and then embroidered it since I made it up don't even know if it is a real flower but I don't care just wanted to do it. I found it easier to sew mask first but you could do before sewing the front and back would work just as easy. One thing you might want to slip an extra piece of fabric inside my daughter was worried the embroidery makes holes in the fabric just for extra protection. I loved seeing your projects.

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy visiting your home, you're always so busy and encouraging. You're doing beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I have been in an embroidery mood

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...