Monday, October 10, 2022

Monday Message

"Start now to create a plan if you don’t already have one, or update your present plan. Watch for best buys that will fit into your year’s supply. We are not in a situation that requires panic buying, but we do need to be careful in purchasing and rotating the storage that we’re putting away. The instability in the world today makes it imperative that we take heed of the counsel and prepare for the future." (L. Tom Perry)

This month has been very hard on me. The new booster came out so I took it. I got pretty sick for almost a week then had an abscessed tooth. I waited a week before saying anything then got it pulled at the dentist. It was the best dentist I have ever had in my life. He works at the Hintz Family Dental. I did great for awhile afterwards and then the meds wore off all at once. Stopped me dead in my tracks so that was a week or more from that. Then I got fluid behind my ear which means I am very dizzy but was big dizzies little dizzies. I can use meclizine but these were big dizzies and I get the worst nauseating feeling ever. That med isn't much help with the big nausea.

They could not get me right in that day until 2:30 at the dentist - I knew it wasn't the tooth, it was my ear but I had to go back to the dentist before going to urgent care. So feeling very dizzy and very nauseated I had to hold on to every thing to go inside the dentist. So by 3:30 I was in urgent care with an annoying fly and finally got in. They confirmed indeed it was my ears so got meds. Still feeling rough and wore out. Fluid is draining in my throat and now I am hoarse and making a cough. I am feeling like I am on the corner of the affliction market. Still feeling a bit rough but pushing on.

During all this I was informed a close friend had passed away. Her name was Bonnie K. Lowry - a great friend to all. We served together in the church and I shall be blessed I learned that a kind heart grows and never stops, it pulls in the most unlikely people. She treated everyone like she knew them from birth and they all came first and were important. She had empathy that would not quit. She knew some elderly lady outside of town she would run soup to. Some man let her pick fruit and she made a point of making him a pie every year. Her life was so hard but she made it great, she was a great example of selfless acts of kindness. She is terribly missed but I have no doubt that she is surrounded by everyone she helped, she was a special treasure the world does not know it is missing...but I miss her.

The mother of our art student dropped me off at the dentist and so I had knit a hat I wanted to give her as a thank you.

It is nice to have a skill that I can share as a gift. What are you learning for a skill that will help family and friends? So while September has been very hard for me I am looking forward to October, may it be way better. As I'm writing this, our general conference starts tomorrow and it is our family's tradition to have cinnamon rolls and chili. I will work on gifts while I listen, conference is my favorite thing. It helps to fill my batteries and with all that is going on in the world my batteries are low so I am really looking forward to it.

https://www.littlehouseliving.com/the-cheapest-meals-to-make-on-an-incredibly-tight-budget.html - here is a frugal food site, I love this gal. I did my grocery pick up from Walmart - ouch on the high prices and limits on things and they were out of cheddar cheese in any form for now but I am confident there will be some later on.

Do you know how we adapt? We just do without and find different recipes with different cheeses.

https://scratchpantry.com/recipes/2021/6/the-best-buttery-1-hour-dinner-rolls - these are wonderful rolls.

https://lib.msu.edu/sliker/load_object/5147/pdf/ - here is a helpful one on how to use the food you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HPIt6okvy0&t=41s - I love this gal, this is baked oatmeal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77XBmmfVd8Q - she makes this wonderful bread.

Do what you can even if it's just a prayer for all those affected by the hurricanes. It will be a long road. I pray they will have even more helping hands than those of the church.

I know when we had a tornado hit not far away all the churches got together to help people in need, that is how things should be.

Please keep building our skills and gathering in storage

Missy says be thinking on what you need most and stock that item and build on it.

Gus has a super power - he wags his tail but he has a less known one... when I am in pain he stays right with me that is his real super power. What is your super power?

17 comments:

  1. I hope you’re feeling better very soon. Good thoughts and prayers going out to you in particular and to everyone else. Your kitties are so smart…I love Gus and Missy. 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wore out still as fibromyalgia keeps tract and makes me pay yet again but at least not dizzy....Gus and Missy love you too.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry you have had such a rough time of it. Not feeling well is hard but when dizziness and being nauseated are added to the mix, mercy!! Extra blessings for Gus in staying by your side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still wore out from it all but not dizzy anymore is a huge improvement. I am going rest and then not do any of it again. Gus is a real comfort cat.

      Delete
    2. Not dizzy is a very good thing!

      Delete
  3. I love Mondays; I so look forward to your posts every week but I rarely comment. But I am sorry to read that you've been puny. Gosh, there's nothing worse than unrelenting nausea. Yuck! Thank you so much for many links you always post, keeping us frugal, teaching us new skills. Hope you're enjoying conference (and cinnamon rolls and chili too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you we did enjoy cinnamon rolls and chili that was before the naus...now just resting o get myself back up

      Delete
  4. OH BECKY CUANTO LAMEMTO ESCUCHAR DE TUS DOLENCIAS, ESPERO QUE PRONTO TE SIENTAS MEJOR, Y TU ENCANTADORA AMIGA, SE QUE ESTA FELIZ EN EL CIELO, ELLA DEJO HUELLA EN ESTA TIERRA, CREEME, ELLA ESTA MEJOR QUE NOSOTROS QUE TENEMOS QUE LUCHAR DIARIAMENTE CON TANTA MALDAD, TANTO ODIO, TANTA CORRUPCION, DIOS TE CONSUELE Y A TODA SU FAMILIA. BENDICIONES Y UN ABRAZO A LA DISTANCIA ESPERANDO TU PRONTA RECUPERACION.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you working hard to feeling better hopefully soon

      Delete
  5. Interesting your comment about how Gus knows when you are ill and stays nearby. My husband needed a kidney transplant due to kidney failure. Once he got it, it was a major surgery and he laid on the sofa while he healed. Our cat, Sid, would come lay near his stomach…and Sid weighed 18 pounds, day after day, as he healed. I know that Sid understood he was in pain and healing, and Sids presence made a huge difference. Once my husband got better, Sid didn’t sleep near his stomach ever again. Mysterious isn’t it? I really enjoy your blog but don’t comment often. Thank you for you time and effort helping us. Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He lays on my chest and puts till I calm he is a good kitty and Missy is my shadow

      Delete
  6. What a rough time you've had! I pray you are feeling better! Cute hat you made for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi it was one thing after another so running a deficit in energy but will keep resting till I catch up. Thank you

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you are feeling better. Watched many of the you tube you posted. loved them. The bread is the one i bake weekly for us and for sacrament bread. It is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am anxious to try it. I just need my marbles not to be in the negative so resting up

      Delete
  8. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been so unwell. I do hope you will feel better soon. Sending prayers your way. Thank you for your weekly encouragement. It is so generous of you to share with us. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...