Monday, February 20, 2023

Monday Message

"Regardless of where we live or our financial situation, the path to preparation will open before us as we comply with the counsel of the prophets and go forward as means and circumstances permit." (Gordon K. Bischoff, The Ensign, Sept. 1997, p. 67)

I hope you all are having a great week.  Spring is hopefully coming, I see more ground than snow and that is making me very happy.

This week I have been in spring cleaning mode I guess. It all started with the angle of the sun changing because I was getting headaches from having the sun in my eyes while on the treadmill. So I moved the treadmill so it was facing another direction. It was so much heavier than when I did it last time. Moving things here means not just one thing moves, just about everything has to move. I needed to shift the couch a few inches so I could get the treadmill to fit and so it went till finally I got it to fit in.

Then the next day I decided to move the rug loom. First, it was so heavy I don't remember it being that heavy either...I think I am getting wimpy. It took me almost an hour to just get it moved, I did it while hubby was gone or it wouldn't have taken as long but I kept at it. Second, oh my goodness the dust I couldn't see. I think I could have done a garden inside probably not but felt like it. I refer you back to "I can't just move one thing as it affects everything else" except the treadmill and the other floor loom this time. I made it through though and it is tended.

This is the picture that you can see the treadmill in the back corner.

Here is what I see when I am on the treadmill the other half of the living room. You can see the rug loom I moved on the left, it used to be in front of the green bookshelf. See it did not move far but oh it was hard work and took an hour to get there.

This is the other loom. It is across from the rug loom kind of... I have been working on dish towels on it.

Here is how the pattern looks so far. 

I also have been working on the rug mugs on the table top loom.

The other thing I have been working on is putting heels and toes in sock tubes I cranked on the sock machine.

I am trying to get these tubes done...

I got one pair finally finished.

The yarn I used on this pair I dyed when my sister was teaching me how to dye quite a few years ago on a very hot day. That ball is all I have leftover.

So this week was basically moving stuff around in the living room and working at building my skills.

Missy says remember to rest as you work on your storage and skills. She also says she would have helped but doesn't have thumbs :p

16 comments:

  1. Good gracious, your room is packed! I can see where moving one thing means moving five things ;). I need to clean out my husband’s garage and it is the same phenomenon…to get things organized I will have to put stuff on the floor, then start reloading the shelves. congratulations that you are done and the dust is gone! Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I use every inch. Having ice storm today

      Delete
  2. CREO QUE DEBERIAS MUDARTE A UNA CASA MAS GRANDE JAJAJAJA, TIENES MUCHOS ELEMENTOS GUAU, ME ENCANTA LA RUEDA ES TAN ANTIGUA, AMO LAS COSAS ANTIGUAS. ESOS CALCETINES SON HERMOSOS, ME GUSTA LA LANA MATIZADA. AQUI EL VERANO ES TAN CALIENTE, HAY DIAS QUE SON INSOPORTABLES, POR LO MENOS PARA MI, OJALA QUE MI OTOÑO Y TU PRIMAVERA LLEGUEN PRONTO. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wheel isn't old it is a newer one my sister gave me for my birthday one year. You do know if I had a bigger house I would just fill it as well. Today we are having an ice storm yikes

      Delete
  3. SI TIENES ALGO DE TIEMPO, PASA POR MI BLOG. GRACIAS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the granny squares you did a good job are you sure you don't want our ice storm?

      Delete
  4. love your tea towels and sock tubes....a good way to get socks done quicker...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sock machine was a birthday gift from my sister she knew I wanted one for ages I know I can do the whole sock on it but for now I am enjoying the tubes thank you for your comment I love the dish towels too.

      Delete
  5. Your home is lovely! And I so enjoy seeing the looms and baskets and all the creative things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I love to do a lot of things was just thinking the other day I should do another basket maybe soon

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you the pics make it look a bit more crowded than it is but I like cozy

      Delete
  7. I love how productive your living space has become. My heart went pittypat because I have used some of the yarn you have to make baby coats. Suzan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they look fantastic. Yes we do lots of things never bored

      Delete
  8. I love how your home looks. Our home is full of all our crafts and hobbies and books, too. We all enjoy doing things. We have projects everywhere and people enjoy coming over here. I'm sure people love visiting you, I sure would! Your weaving is gorgeous. Sorry, I've not been able to comment for awhile.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they seem to love coming so much always going on glad you are here

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...