Monday, March 11, 2024

Monday Message

"You do not need to go into debt, may I add, to obtain a year’s supply. Plan to build up your food supply just as you would a savings account. Save a little for storage each pay-check." (President Ezra Taft Benson)

Little by little it does add up. Just develop a habit and over time you will have what you need when you need it.

Life is hard. Things keep popping up to throw you curve balls. Having things in your storage is a helpful thing.

So many are having a hard time right now. Kindness is needed more now than ever...

https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/the-kindness-blog/2943-50-kindness-ideas-for-random-acts-of-kindness-day - some great ideas.

https://www.naturalbeachliving.com/acts-of-kindness/ 

https://www.signupgenius.com/groups/random-acts-of-kindness-ideas.cfm

https://www.burlapandblue.com/acts-of-kindness-the-ultimate-list-of-100-random-acts-of-kindness/ - I have seen the painted rocks and it does make me smile.

Even just being able to smile will brighten someone's day.

It does not matter what your smile looks like.

It will brighten someone else's day. You may never know how you helped but being nice to others is a huge thing.

This week I took a table runner and made it into a bobbin holder for my bobbin lace bobbins. It is working very well.



So that was my frugal thing I did as the table runner was given to me. It was very long as you can see.

What frugal thing did you do this week? We all learn from each other, so stick your tips in the comments below.

This week I wanted to make my spinning and weaving magazines easier to access. I keep them for reference and for patterns and some needed inspiration.

Putting them in the plastic bins I already had makes it so I can slide like a drawer so I can better get them in and out.

Still doing some reorganizing is helping to be more efficient

I have done a little more spinning and weaving this week. Just about to do a change in the design on the loom which I am looking forward to the next part.

My little peach tree is struggling as I transplanted it and the seed broke off. There were still roots so I am hoping it makes it. The trees are growing fast so hoping no more transplanting needs to be done but I never had seeds take so before...


I hope a few of them make it.

Missy says changing things up is a good thing. We are trying some new bags. Reorganizing is a good thing.

Tippy Longstockings says let me see if I have room in here to put some storage and you keep at it too.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog every week but have never commented before. This week though with what you said about giving someone a smile really hit home for me. I look forward to what you'll say each week. I appreciate your devotion to remaining kind, hopeful, and Godly in such a world we are in nowadays. I fret if you post late, saying a prayer for you and your husband in case something has gone awry for you. So today you just really made me feel the desire (need really), to say thank you for being so willing to share yourself, and I hope this message give you a bit of a lift and smile. You are making a difference in my world every week. =)
    Thank you so much. Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you that is a kind comment for sure

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...