Saturday, December 6, 2014

Liza's Wheat Bread


Liza’s wheat bread

1 c. lukewarm water
2 tbsp yeast
1 tbsp sugar
stir these together and let sit to proof…it should foam

In a mixing bowl add:

5 c. warm water
1 tbsp liquid lecithin... (I got it at the health food store, keeps well)
1 c. brown sugar
6 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp salt
3/4 c. vital wheat gluten
I grind one cup of white wheat berries

I mix these last two ingredients together and set aside but everything else went in a mixing bowl.

Mix well and add white flour then the wheat and gluten mixture. Mix well keep adding flour till it is kneadable, knead ten minutes …I let this rise one hour in the mixing bowl just cover it but if you use a Bosch mixer you can put the cover on but do not lock it as it will rise up or just cover with sprayed plastic wrap.


I then shaped three loaves and a pie tin of rolls, cover and let rise two fingers above the rim of pan at least. And I spray the loaves and rolls and cover with plastic wrap.

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees when it is up to temp. I bake 35 to 40 minutes. Take out to cool, brush with butter while hot. When cool, I slice with an electric knife.

1 comment:

  1. But where is all the flour? I am seeing only 3/4 cup vital wheat gluten, plus 1 cup of white wheat berries.
    Is the "5 c. warm water" supposed to be 5 cups of flour?
    And if I can't grind my own berries, how much flour results from grinding 1 cup of white wheat berries?
    Looks like a great recipe, and I'd love to try it, but...it's missing some vital info!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...