Monday, February 26, 2024

Monday Message

"The counsel to have a year’s supply of basic food, clothing, and commodities was given fifty years ago and has been repeated many times since. Every father and mother are the family’s storekeepers. They should store whatever their own family would like to have in the case of an emergency … [and] God will sustain us through our trials." (James E. Faust)

How are you doing on your skill building?

How are the prices in your area? Ours seem to go up by the minute, very costly.

I continue to research frugal things. It is harder when you pretty much are very frugal already.

https://www.littlehouseliving.com/price-we-pay-for-convience.html - this is good, I like her. We have talked before about convenience foods and doing things from scratch which really saves money.

https://www.budget101.com/recipes/448-convenience-mixes-2/

https://retrohousewifegoesgreen.com/homemade-mixes/ - there are great things here, even a gluten-free baking mix.

https://www.littlehouseliving.com/10-mixes-that-should-be-in-your-pantry.html - I love her scone mix.

https://melissaknorris.com/podcast/frugal-mixes-that-cost-less-than-a-1-made-from-food-storage/ - I like this gal as well.

https://goodcheapeats.com/diy-baking-mixes/ - some ideas here.

https://thedollarstretcher.com/frugal-living/food/inexpensive-homemade-baking-mixes/ - lots of good info.

https://blog.preparedpantry.com/make-store-mixes/ - has helpful info.

https://extension.usu.edu/utah/files/food-for-thought/Master-Mixes-Booklet.pdf - I love these.

https://extension.usu.edu/sanpete/files/Soup_or_Sauce_SOS_Mix.pdf - I love using this mix.

This is my favorite book. The whole book is one mix then all you can do with that one mix. Check your library to see if they can get it for you.

I also like the Make-A-Mix books, see if you can check them out too.

I have been doing a little cleaning...

This spot was perfect for putting these waffle irons and such.

I have a winding station for the yarns I spin. This works great. The stool was given to us.

I worked on clearing a better area for my surface of watercolor desk and the books.


I cleared and deep cleaned my knitting machines getting ready to work on learning more on them and building on that skill.


I wove more on the dish towels and spun some more working on these skills.

I have been researching something, teaching myself a new skill on this inkle loom.

I am working on this cowl.

Building skills as I can while still doing regular chores and such. What skills are you working on?

Missy says make time to learn. She tries to fit it in between naps.

Tippy Longstockings says she should get paid for advertising Fareway on the bag with her cuteness.

7 comments:

  1. HOLA BECKY: SE ROMPIO MI PC Y NO PUDE ESCRIBIRTE, ESTUVIMOS 2 SEMANAS SIN ELLA Y NOS COSTO MUCHO EL ARREGLO, NO CONTABAMOS CON ESE GASTO, PERO TUVIMOS QUE AFRONTARLO YA QUE MIS HIJOS ESTUDIAN Y LA NECESITAN PARA LA ESCUELA. LOS PRECIOS SIGUEN SUBIENDO DIA A DIA, NO QUIERO DARME POR VENCIDA, PERO LA VIDA SE HA TORNADO MUY DIFICIL AQUI EN MI PAIS. TAMBIEN ESTOY TRATANDO DE APRENDER A TEJER EN MI MAQUINA PERO NO ENTIENDO, HAY CURSOS ON LINE VERE SI LOS ENTIENDO, YA QUE LOS CURSOS PERSONALES SON COSTOSOS Y POR AHORA NO PUEDO GASTAR DINERO. ME ENCANTA TU SITIO DE LOS HILOS,ESTA MUY ORDENADO Y PROLIJO. BENDICIONES Y ABRAZOS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot the type of knitting machine you have tell me again and I can do a site search for you. I know you will catch on faster then me it takes me longer I think because I do too many things I need to learn more.

      Delete
  2. LA MARCA EN SINGER, TENGO QUE IR A YOUTUBE Y VER ALGUN TUTORIAL, PERO CREO QUE SERA DIFICIL APRENDER, TE HAGO UNA PREGUNTA¿ SE PUEDE TEJER EN UNA MAQUINA CON LANA GRUESA? APRECIARE TU RESPUESTA. GRACIAS BECKY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you tell me singer???? Is there a number or another name on the knitting machine it depends on the kind you have there are bulky that can do the thicker yarns but like mine is a standard guage and I need to use thinner yarn if you can tell me the rest of the info I can find out for you

      Delete
  3. Terri from BlueHouseJournal here. Google is being persnickety about my signing in to some sights. Your statement that it is getting harder to find frugal tips that would apply to you is something I found to be true a couple of years ago. Instead, it is a lot of DIY stuff and simply repeating all that I've been doing for years now. I keep looking though because now and then I come across something that is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is hard to find things for sure. I keep at it tho. For years and yrs I bought used went yard selling and stored things ahead and now when there is no way I could afford the things I have them...is it still possible to find stuff?.... yes but it is harder now to find them but down the road I think they will be glad they did like I am now. I hope to keep showing what can be done when things are tight. Hopefully it will be of help to someone?? I hope. I am glad you are here thank you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...