Monday, February 14, 2022

Monday Message

"Can or bottle fruit and vegetables from your gardens and orchards. Learn how to preserve food through drying and possibly freezing. Make your storage a part of your budget. Store seeds and have sufficient tools on hand to do the job." (President Ezra Taft Benson)

"Follow the prophet. He has counseled us to plant a garden and fruit trees. This year don’t just think about it—do it. Grow all the food you possibly can. Also remember to buy a year’s supply of garden seeds so that, in case of a shortage, you will have them for the following spring." (Vaughn J. Featherstone)

"Wherever possible, produce your nonfood necessities of life. Improve your sewing skills; sew and mend clothing for your family...Develop handicraft skills. .and make or build needed items." (President Spencer W. Kimball)

Time to be thinking about what you might want to plant in your garden...even though it is so very cold and feels like spring will never come, even that rodent said he we're going to have six more weeks of winter - grrrrr, no blanket for him.



I put some things in here to help improve your skills...

https://www.allfreesewing.com/Basics-and-Tutorials/Learning-How-to-Sew-Tips-from-Our-Readers-NSM-2017 - great tips from people who sew.

https://www.cheapthriftyliving.com/financial/How-to-Control-Spending-Habits - helpful ideas.

https://www.allfreecrochet.com/Tips-for-Crochet/Crochet-for-Beginners-How-to-Start-Crocheting - learn how to crochet and do the rug in the next site.

https://www.craftystaci.com/blog/braided-t-shirt-rug - a great recycle project.

This is how I am coming on the next project. I do have to say I am learning a lot and am pressing on.

I still have been in an organizing mood. With b-day funds I got plastic envelopes, I redid my unmounted stamps and my little die cuts as well. The envelopes have a velcro spot to close.

How are you coming with your skill building?

How are your mending skills? Since we're tightening our belts these days we will want to learn how to mend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVVawL1LD6Y - this is helpful for mending a knit.

https://idreamofjeannemarie.com/2015/02/10/tutorial-how-to-sew-buttons-on-so-they-look-like-a-flower/ - is sewing on buttons boring? Nope. Aren't these cute? It is learning and enhancing a skill.

Missy says that finding fun ways of doing things is a skill, like catching that laser light.

Gus says stay in and stay warm. You all don't have fur coats like he does.

8 comments:

  1. The buttons are adorable. I also must start thinking of the garden this year. I have sq foot garden boxes, but find I need to have more stand-alone ones to plant squash and pumpkins as their vines will overtake other vegetables in the other boxes. Thank for all you teach we love you. Liza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome...i hate thinking it will be soon time to garden.... I love those neat things they do with buttons. Love you too.

      Delete
  2. BECKY: SIEMPRE TRAES NUEVAS IDEAS, ME GUSTA, GRACIAS POR COMPARTIR CON TODAS NOSOTRAS. PUBLIQUE EN MI BLOG, PASA CUANDO QUIERAS. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I like seeing all you do at your blog thanks for sharing

      Delete
  3. Well said, Gus! It's been COLD out there, and we've got some nasty weather coming on Wednesday!

    My sewing machine wasn't cooperating with me this weekend when I needed to repair a massive rip in a sheet, so I threw on a podcast and hand-repaired it. It took less than an hour, and ended up being kind of relaxing (with the exception of the few times I jammed the needle directly into my skin). It's not perfect, but it's decent, and it got the job done, so I'm happy with it! I do have a goal to get better at darning my socks; that will definitely save money and keep socks out of the landfill. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gus says great job Missy says thanks for sharing

      Delete
  4. No blanket for that critter! You made me laugh out loud. Thank you for the sharing you do here Becky. It's truly a help to have good resources where we can easily find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean it too...as we have really cold weather coming I am glad you are here.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...