Monday, July 4, 2022

Monday Message

"Our Heavenly Father created this beautiful earth, with all its abundance, for our benefit and use. His purpose is to provide for our needs as we walk in faith and obedience. He has lovingly commanded us to ‘prepare every needful thing’ (see D&C 109:8) so that, should adversity come, we may care for ourselves and our neighbors, and support bishops as they care for others." (All is Safely Gathered In pamphlet)

With coming events we need not fear. Just lean into the wind and push on.

We have always faced hardship before. We know what we need to do - pull on all our frugal knowledge and skills.

Build on what skills we have.

So I thought we should all look over what things we did build skills-wise and make a list of them. I think you will be surprised at what you have accomplished.

I work in the kitchen stretching our food dollars. Always looking and studying on how I can be more frugal.



I learned how to make a pattern from a shirt I had that fit well but was worn out, then made a new shirt


I planted seeds and put them in the garden and planted fruit trees and asparagus, rhubarb, and strawberries. To me this is monumental since I very much hate gardening. Right now I will be picking raspberries so I just know bugs are in formation ready to attack me.

I learned a new way to dye fiber.

I learned how to dye fiber and spin it into yarn.



I learned how to warp the loom up with dish towels - no easy thing, it took days. So I am now working on those. Next I learned how to make two scarves on the table-top loom then made dish cloths on it.




Lastly, I made a sweater and learned so much from doing this.

Now this list is not to brag at all. There are people out there who do so much better. It is to show you that we have done hard things and have learned skills that will help us for what lies ahead.

We may not be totally prepared as we all know our money now does not go very far.

We can work with what we have instead of buying some expensive container.

Make things with scraps, it is amazing what you end up with.

So work with what you have.

Missy says pick up something for your storage every time you go in a store like a box of band-aids or a box of Jell-o or catnip...it will add up.

Gus said do more planning and consolidate your trips, saving time and money.

We will get through this hard time. Remember, do the best you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...