Monday, December 12, 2022

Monday Message

"Our bishops storehouses are not intended to stock enough commodities to care for all the members of the Church. Storehouses are only established to care for the poor and the needy. For this reason, members of the Church have been instructed to personally store a year’s supply of food, clothing, and, where possible, fuel. By following this counsel, most members will be prepared and able to care for themselves and their family members, and be able to share with others as may be needed." (President Ezra Taft Benson)

It is eleven degrees here this morning, way colder than I like to be. I hope you all are warm and cozy where you are.

Well, as Christmas is so very close, most people are scurrying around and stressing. Please try to find time to destress. I know this year is stressing enough without the holiday. So more cozy time for you to put your feet up.

Now that I have gifted these I can show you a gift I made.


This is a thing I came up with - I took a plastic ornament, took the top off of it, I turned it upside down on a wooden skewer that I stuck into Styrofoam, then I sprayed it with blackboard spray paint. I let it dry for a few days then put the top back on and attached the hook and tied chalk on with a piece of jute along with a note for the receiver of it to design their own ornament. This would be a great teacher gift as well.

https://zenhabits.net/30-frugal-gift-ideas-to-show-you-appreciate-someone/ - inexpensive gift ideas.

https://www.the36thavenue.com/25-handmade-gifts-under-5/ - okay, I love that mix with the Santa hats in it, that would be fun to get.

https://www.pinterest.com/pktchanggourmet/gifts-from-the-kitchen/ - cute ideas here.

https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/40-random-acts-christmas-kindness/ - can't go wrong with kindness.

As you know, just for a fun thing, I made up twenty-five bags of things to open - one for each day up till Christmas. Mine are kits made up with stuff I had on hand.

This was day one...

This was day two...

As I'm writing this, today is December 3rd and day three...

I will be stitching this up today as my day three. It was something I picked up at a yard sale years ago. I don't like the birds and heart on top so I will just be doing the rest though today.

So this is how it goes. I have long forgotten what I put in my bags to open so it's a surprise each day  and keeps our spirits high.

Missy really was interested in that birdie so I will make her a mouse soon.

We try to have a puzzle set up and going from now through the winter, just a fun thing for us to do.

https://wholefully.com/hygge-home/ - we need to destress this time of year.

https://town-n-country-living.com/hygge-activities-to-enjoy-now-cozy-living.html - I like the apples for candle holders.

https://www.yesandyes.org/2015/11/how-to-hygge.html - a must as this winter looks to be long.

https://howtohyggethebritishway.com/2022/04/27/frugge-frygge-frugal-hygge-for-the-summer/ - to be sure some of you are in summer and this is so you don't feel left out.

Missy says keep working on your storage. She says she was shocked at three dollars for a dozen eggs.  Even if things were terrific, it is just the frugal thing to do. She says excuse her now she is going to hygge up her bag.

15 comments:

  1. Debby in Kansas USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea what I just did lol. Hi Becky! I found you again. I had some strange blog things happen and yours was one of them. Glad I got back in.

    I first want to tell you how sorry I am about your sweet Gus. My heart just ached when I read that you lost him.

    I love your little projects. I pulled out a puzzle over the weekend. I got it at a thrift store for 50¢ so I've no idea if it's complete. It's a tough one! Like someone dumped a junk box. It's an I Spy type where you find things after it's put together. We'll see if I get that far! I'm moving slow. I prefer the Andrew Wysocki but this was cheap like me!

    We're expecting that beasty storm from the West. Based on the temperature, I'd say we're on the cold side of the storm. It's cold and windy. It's only in the 30s and it's going to last all week.

    All my Christmas shipping is done and all that's left is making some Chex Mix and caramel popcorn. Since they both require regular stirring, I'm going to make up some pantry mixes while I do that.

    Love Missy and her new toy bag! Give her extra scritches for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you are back...i got this puzzle at thrift as well hope all the pieces are there i am finding it hard as you know how the two pieces are the same size not this one so it is a slow go. i want to do caramel corn too closer to Christmas or we will eat it and i will have to make it many more times. this puzzle has donuts all over it.

      Delete
  3. HI BECKI: ME ENCANTAN ESTAS LINDAS IDEAS PARA REGALAR, ESTOY HACIENDO MUCHA COSTURA Y MUCHO TEJIDO, GASTE POCO EN LA TIENDA DE TELAS Y LANAS, YA QUE TENGO RESTOS DE OTROS TRABAJOS, MIS HIJAS NECESITAN AGARRADERAS PARA LAS OLLAS DE LA COCINA, ASI QUE HICE CERCA DE 12 YA QUE TENGO VARIAS HIJAS CASADAS, TAMBIEN CAMINO DE MESA MUY COLORIDOS CON RESTOS DE TELA Y ACTUALMENTE ESTOY HACIENDO SUJETA CORTINAS, SON UNAS CAMPANITAS TEJIDAS, CON ADORNOS DE FLORES AL CROCHET Y CORAZONES QUE CUELGAN, ESTAN QUEDANDO MUY LINDAS SE QUE LES VA A GUSTAR. ESPERO QUE ESTES MEJOR DE SALUD, ENVIDIO TU FRIO INVIERNO, NO QUERRAS PASAR POR AQUI EN MI CALIENTE VERANO JAJAJAJA. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i bet all those things you are making are wonderful i hope you are taking pictures for your blog so i can see them too i am not fond of cold and not fond of hot i think i am picky in my old age...we are trying to stay clear of germs.

      Delete
    2. BECKY: CUANDO QUIERAS PASA POR MI BLOG, HICE UNA PUBLICACION DE MIS ULTIMOS TRABAJOS, BENDICIONES.

      Delete
    3. Thank you I love seeing your stuff and your wonderful family

      Delete
  4. Eggs are $4.65 at our Aldi. We were fortunate to get some on sale for 3.98 for an 18 pack but the high price will hit us as soon as we eat those. They are saying prices will go up in 2023 as much as they did on 2022. I fell like I do not live in the USA anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once the bird flu passes the egg prices will come back down this is what Missy says anyway

      Delete
  5. Aw, Precious Missy…I’ll bet her bag interior is just lovely ;). What a cute clever Christmas ball idea! 11* degrees😫say it isn’t so! How are you feeling? I pray you and yours are keeping warm.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Believe it or not she gave up her bag two days ago and is back to her box she is a princess

      Delete
  6. Here in Phoenix, a dozen eggs have been $5-6 (for regular eggs) so finally Albertsons had a $3.50 for a dozen sale. Can you believe it? A sale at $3.50… I bought two dozen which should hold us…but goodness, how crazy a price for eggs. Love your blog and the cat in the bag ;). Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy says hang on the bird flu will end and prices on eggs will get better if you can believe her she is not at all interested in eggs

      Delete
  7. thanks for the great ideas Becky....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...