Monday, December 19, 2022

Monday Message

"A cardinal principle of the gospel is to prepare for the day of scarcity. Work, industry, frugality are part of the royal order of life." (Bishop Keith B. McMullin)

By now you have hopefully got all the rushing around done so put your feet up, have a hot cocoa, and rest...

The longest part of winter is yet to be had in our neck of the woods.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/classic-homemade-soup-recipes/ - some great tasting soups, you know these people have the best recipes.

What goes well with soup? Bread!

So if you don't know how to make it, now is the time to learn...if you already know, perfect it like crazy - http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2015/07/monday-message.html

http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2015/03/monday-message_16.html - try that platz - yum and more yum! You can even make it with jam. 

http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2014/10/monday-message_13.html - this post has great sites.

http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2022/06/monday-message_20.html - this has all the recipes using that one bread recipe we make into a bread mix. It is made for using your bread machine but you can do it by hand as well.

http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2019/01/monday-message.html - the orange rolls in this post are so so yummy!

Now you are all drooling to put butter on warm bread, I know you are... :p

So here are the pictures from the things I made from the advent bags that I made up...






We have been enjoying the bags that we are opening each day. This was a fun activity for this year. I am glad we did it. It has me thinking what similar thing to do next year.

Missy is watching for Santa but she says...Merry Christmas to you all!!!!

16 comments:

  1. Missy is well content in your cozy home. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she loves to see the birds and squirrels and other wild critters. Merry Christmas to you as well

      Delete
  2. Yep, you’ve got me hungry for warm, homemade bread now. What pretties you made for the Advent bags. That platz looks out of this world!
    I hope you’re feeling better. You all keep warm.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you keep warm and safe too and the platz is wonderful

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas to you, your family and Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so admire your talent, the items are really well done! I also understand you have spent years learning and that makes them even more interesting! Your focus on learning new skills is so important! Thank you for the links as well. I now make our own bread and most meals, so have learned quite a bit! Thanks again for your blog, and photos of Missy waiting for Santa ;). Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing !!! We all love you and the creative things you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you batten down the hatches for the storm

      Delete
  6. Dear Becky, I missed reading yesterday as I was working on some additional shelters for the outdoor kitties I take care of in addition to my own. What sweet things you have made.
    I love the photo of Missy watching for Santa. She's a good girl and deserves a catnip mouse. My kiitties also love sitting at the windows watching the squirrels and birds.
    Merry Christmas! Blessings, Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is so good of you to do both gus and missy came from the outdoors and yes missy will be getting a new catnip mousie

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas!
    Wishing you all the best in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and the same to you have a great Christmas too.

      Delete
  8. Dear Becky, I read your post every week but have never commented. I followed your links back to your old posts regarding the bread machine variation recipes. I was excited to see your hamburger buns. For two reasons, first being I’ve tried making buns and they never turn out exactly like I think they should, so I want to try yours. Second, I have a pan like that one you have your buns in. You may have found out since you wrote that post a few years ago what kind of pan it was….it’s a muffin top pan. The idea was people thought the muffin “top” was the best part, so just make that instead of a taller, thicker muffin. The pan is also great to put scrambled eggs in and bake about 10 min in oven, and use for make-your-own freezer breakfast sandwiches. Layer egg & sausage or bacon & cheese on an English muffin or biscuit. Then wrap individual sandwiches in plastic wrap and put all in a ziploc bag and freeze. Then pull out what you need and remove plastic, wrap in a paper towel and microwave for a quick breakfast. Anyway, I can’t wait to try your bun recipe, maybe this is finally “the one!” Thanks. Merry Christmas…. Vicky in Ky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i like the egg idea thanks for sharing. I tried every bun recipe i could find all were too heavy so when i did this one at a suggestion from a friend it changed everything for me. i make up the machine bread mix ten jars at a time so it is just handy and fast to add water to machine dump the mix and turn it on. this was a keeper for me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...