Monday, January 2, 2023

Monday Message

"Our Heavenly Father created this beautiful earth, with all its abundance, for our benefit and use. His purpose is to provide for our needs as we walk in faith and obedience. He has lovingly commanded us to 'prepare every needful thing' (see D&C 109:8) so that, should adversity come, we may care for ourselves and our neighbors, and support bishops as they care for others." (All is Safely Gathered In pamphlet)

At the time of this writing we are in the middle of a horrid storm. I am sure some of you are in it as well.

It is the worst I have been in for a long while.

We had a long notice it was coming. I had intended to make a fresh fruit run towards the end of the week but when I heard the storm was coming I rearranged my schedule. I went and did the errands right away so we would not be out in the storm to do the errands.

I made sure to be ahead on laundry and dishwasher in case the pipes would freeze.

Having storage and being prepared helped things to go well.

I fixed a big pot of chili and pecan sticky rolls in case power would go out.

http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-snacks-julekaga-jerky.html - I made julekaga.

Tell us what you did to prepare for this storm or any storm down in the comments below.

I still have been working on the kits I made up in the advent bags.



















Missy says have a happy and frugal new year and we say it with her as well.

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Hope you did okay during the storm! Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was very cold shoveling by the steps was wind driven snow was like concrete we had to chisel the shovel that last day the wind did not stop so much colder our bedroom is upstairs it was so cold up there it felt like a window open or broken but none were it was so cold that it changed the memory foam in the bed it was hard like a ping pong table hard so i count us lucky compared to others. Happy New Year to you as well.

      Delete
  2. thanks for sharing your project so much work will be a nice collection for you to look back on over the yeats...thank you for the great ideas...the rolls look scrumptious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will collect fun things as the year goes on for the bags next time i have already gotten marked down candy and froze it for the bags that saves twenty dollars so that was good a crime they charge so much. you are welcome

      Delete
  3. BECKY: HE VISTO LAS NOTICIAS DE TU PAIS ACERCA DE LA TORMENTA INVERNAL MUY GRANDE QUE ESTAN TENIENDO, VAYA QUE HACE MUCHO FRIO¡¡¡ LAMENTO MUCHO LAS MUERTES, POBRE GENTE MORIR CONGELADA, DE SOLO PENSARLO DA ESCALOFRIOS, QUE TRISTE. ME ENCANTAN TUS TRABAJOS, MIS PREFERIDOS SON: LOS LLAVEROS, LA FRUTILLA, EL POLLITO BORDADO ES UNA TERNURA, LA MACETA Y EL FRASCO TAMBIEN ESTAN MUY BUENOS Y ES UNA BUENA IDEA. TE DECEO A TI Y TU FAMILIA UN PROSPERO AÑO NUEVO, MUCHAS BENDICIONES, SALUD, TRABAJO Y AMOR FRATERNAL. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was a very bad storm i pray for the families that lost people in it ...thank you for your comments. It was very cold. I am planning different way of doing the advent bags next year. I already bought choc for the bags on marked down in price and froze it. That saved twenty dollars.

      Delete
  4. Debby in Kansas USAJanuary 2, 2023 at 5:40 PM

    Hello Becky!
    I must've missed your post about your Advent bags. Can you please explain those for me! They're darling. I love the variety.

    We got rain and a tornado watch today, but it hasn't amounted to much from what I can see. Just gloomy. A tornado anything is really strange in winter. My pantry is pretty well stocked so I don't really do anything for impending storms in there. I do like to have extra oil for my lamp, which I forgot.

    We cooked a ham today. That'll be good for lots of meals and some tasty beans in the crockpot. While that was cooking, we put out our January decorations. We never did decorate for Christmas so it's nice to have something pretty to look at. I have a pine garland across the fireplace mantel and gourd snowmen tucked into the branches along with white lights, little blue snowbirds, and snowflakes. I had collected so many snow themed things over the years that I completely removed all of them from my Christmas stuff and they get the solo act in January. I love the way they look.

    I hope Missy is doing her part to keep you warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that all sounds wonderful. We decided this year to do advent bags they would cheer us i got tool things from dollar tree but i tried to be frugal and made up kits to make in mine and each had a treat this year i will change everyone loved it Sarah and her husband did them too we loved them too a little something we could look forward to in a gloomy winter with all that was going on in the world we ended with the bigger one on Christmas i plan to do something different this time it was hard to get the projects done each day so i have a yr to pick up fun or needed items or make things I already got the treats for the bags saving twenty dollars and froze them

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...