Monday, January 16, 2023

Monday Message

"Today, I emphasize a most basic principle: home production and storage. Have you ever paused to realize what would happen to your community or nation if transportation were paralyzed or if we had a war or depression? How would you and your neighbors obtain food? How long would the corner grocery store—or supermarket—sustain the needs of the community?" (President Ezra Taft Benson)

We see weather being crazy all over. Also, prices so high we need to continue to be frugal and to stock up. We need to be ready for our family and others when the need arises.

At this time of writing....it is the day before my 67th birthday.

I got an air fryer from our youngest daughter and her husband. While I am learning it still, I did do these...

When we would celebrate our anniversary or special events, we would eat at a favorite place and this is what we would have, it's a favorite of mine. A big thank you to my sister-in-law, Lynette, for steering me to the recipe. It tastes just like what we would have so now we can have them at home for way less. So that is wonderful to be able to make this.

https://www.eatingonadime.com/homemade-buffalo-sauce-recipe/ - this is the sauce.

https://www.eatingonadime.com/air-fryer-boneless-chicken-wings/ - so very good.

I look forward to seeing what else I can do with this machine.

I am continually trying to learn things. We can learn and I am thankful for that.

I made this little sweater and I am wanting to make the others in the set. It was a fun knit.

I am still weaving rug mugs. I am loving this color the best. I have no information on it, I even did a search and nothing. It was an odd leftover ball from the yarn haul i got so many years ago. I think I would try to dye something that will be close to it.  We will see how I come out on that. I am amazed I saved it as it was so small. But that said, I wasn't going to use it as it was kind of ugly but at the last minute i thought okay and working with the warp it is so pretty together.

I am trying to build my skills.

How are you coming on building your skills?

I am very much enjoying working on this shawl.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/154600199696287914/ - this is what it will look like when done and is a free pattern.

Use the long dark winter to develop skills.

Missy says build your storage and be safe!

12 comments:

  1. I will be curious how you like your air fryer! And if you can find recipes that work well. I am a huge fan of my instant pot but haven’t moved onto a new appliance;). Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so far the chicken tho is all I have done and that meal alone paid for the price of it $48.00 anything else I do is a cherry on top I got it with a gift card our youngest gave me for my bday I have been getting books for an air fryer for the last yr on the free book place but haven't yet learned what else I can do the insta pot is way versatile too I got mine at salvation army right before covid it was $6.99 I hemmed and hawed about it but went ahead and got it....on Tues I swung in again as we were right next door now they want twenty five for the used amazing I went in just to look at prices oh my goodness patterns use to be a dime are now .99 and most of them are from when they had them for a dime how does one decide well today they are a dime then tomorrow .99 sure glad I kept mine. So to answer your question if I only ever do the chicken recipe in this post the rest of my days the answer is yes it is worth it yes yes yes but the next I want to try is onion rings for my husband. I love watching others do fried zucchini chips...yum

      Delete
  2. HOLA BECKY: ESE CHAL ES MUY BONITO, ESPERO QUE PRONTO LO TERMINES Y TE SAQUES UNA FOTO USANDOLO, ¿QUE TE PARECE? PLANEO HACERME UNO PARA MI INVIERNO, PERO LO HARE AL CROCHET Y EN TRIANGULO, ESPERO QUE NO SEA TAN DIFICIL. ESTOY FURIOSA CON EL AUMENTO DE LOS ALIMENTOS, AHORA LE TOCA EL TURNO A LAS PAPAS HAN AUMENTADO INCREIBLEMENTE Y EN CASA COMEMOS MUCHA PAPA TAMBIEN LOS TOMATES Y LA LECHUGA YA QUE SON DE LA ESTACION ACTUAL, ES INCOMPRABLE, YA NO SE QUE HACER, HEMOS SUPLANTADO LAS PAPAS POR ARROZ O LENTEJAS Y HACEMOS ENSALADAS FRESCAS AUNQUE A ALGUNOS DE MIS HIJOS NO LES GUSTA LA LENTEJA, EL CLIMA ESTA MUY CALIENTE POR AQUI Y ESO TAMBIEN ES UNA CONTRA PARA NUESTRO PRESUPUESTO CADA VEZ MAS CHICO, YA QUE DEBEMOS COCINAR COMIDAS FRESCAS NO MUY CALIENTES, NO SE ADONDE VA TODO ESTO, ME ENOJA Y MUCHO, MI ESPOSO Y YO SOMOS JUBILADOS Y NUESTRO SUELDOS SON MUY BAJOS, TENGO 3 HIJOS DISCAPACITADOS Y NOS PAGAN UN SALARIO POR ELLOS, PERO AUN ASI, ES IMPOSIBLE LLEGAR A FIN DE MES, CADA DIA ES UN DESAFIO PODER LLEVAR ALIMENTO A LA MESA, GRACIAS A DIOS QUE NO PASAMOS HAMBRE, PERO ES DIFICIL COMPRAR CON POCO DINERO Y DICEN QUE ESTE AÑO LA ECONOMIA MUNDIAL ESTARA PEOR QUE LA DEL AÑO PASADO. QUERIDA HERMANA, TE PIDO TUS FIELES ORACIONES PARA MI FAMILIA, SOMOS 7 EN CASA Y COMEN BASTANTE. BENDICIONES Y CUIDATE MUCHO DEL FRIO, TE ENVIDIO AQUI ESTAMOS EN CASI LOS 40CENTIGRADOS. ¿QUIERES QUE TE ENVIE UN POCO DE MI VERANO? AJAJAJAA. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes go ahead and send some heat been out shoveling and I am cold to the bone we got six and a half inches with ice under. Yes prayers heading your way. I know everything is so high here too eggs are highest I ever have seen and some places have no eggs. I hated cooking when so hot I would do the cooking in the night like bread and such or do a one pot on top of stove as to not heat the house like the home made hamburger helpers https://chickensintheroad.com/classic/cooking/homemade-hamburger-helper/ this keeps from heating the house up grilled cheese sandwiches also peanut butter sandwhiches omelets if one has eggs or pancakes or French toast these are a few of the things I fix in that kind of heat I will be having more frugal ideas as things don't seem to be getting better. I hope this helps some.

      Delete
  3. how to translate this comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut and paste the comment into Google translate

      Delete
  4. That shawl yarn is gorgeous. Missy is a doll in her little teepee ;) Your chicken dinner looks fab! There is a learning curve with air frying, but it’s certainly not difficult. I’m still learning, too. I’ll have to take a look at your recipes.
    Hope you’re feeling well. DH and I are getting over the flu and it doesn’t want to go away. Enjoying sunshine in NE OK today. Rain tomorrow.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrrr been shoveling here six and a half inches with ice underneath glad I have those cleats on my shoes. I had been accumulating air fryer cook books from that free book site I mention a lot just incase I ever got one I was thinking used but this was nice. The yarn I had for a while was from hobby lobby I did see some just like it on Tuesday hard to know if it was exactly the same but it sure looked like it yes we are well right now thank goodness well hope you both get better fast

      Delete
  5. We love our air fryer so much that we bought a second one for home and one for our vacation house. I love that we don't have to wait for the oven to preheat and that the kitchen doesn't get heated up in the summer. I have found many good recipes on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my I never thought about looking on Pinterest good idea do you have favorites?

      Delete
  6. Pretty weaving and now I'm craving buffalo chicken!!! Yum! I got one of my kitties a little barn like that, but the stinker wouldn't go inside! He stomped it down and slept on top! Good for Missy for appreciating a nice gift when she sees one!

    I hope you got the little warm spell that we did. I spent a couple of days outside, reading on my patio. It was cool, but I just put a light afghan over my shoulders. It was nice to get fresh air and sun. Definitely a January treat. Cold and windy today.

    My greeting card ministry requested birthday cards for this month so I've been working on those. I used some new stamps to make pirate and mermaid cards for kids. I love how they turned out! Today's cards will be using up some scraps. I have so many that I could probably decoupage my house!!

    Enjoy what's left of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could see them they sound fun. We did have those nice days but just came in from shoveling brrrrr so cold I can't get warm hot cocoa perhaps will do it...we got six and a half inches with ice underneath thankful for those cleats

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...