Monday, January 9, 2023

Monday Message

In Argentina, Relief Society leaders are trying to teach the importance of food storage. They wrote: 'Unfortunately, most of the sisters [here] cannot afford to buy an extra kilo of sugar, or flour, or an extra liter of oil. However, they have been encouraged to save, even just a spoonful at a time." (Elaine L. Jack)

You can build your storage even just a spoonful at a time...we just have to do it.

I thought I would highlight some of my favorite podcasts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF4WiY5bIzs - she is very frugal and you will learn a lot from her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuzthwEXdgc - this is so inspiring what they do in the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMjNXkmELBk - she does great work dehydrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HXbrXSPCj4 - she shows sewing a skirt.

What are some of your favorite sites to share with us?

These are my favorite frugal books - http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/search?q=frugal+books

I finally got to finish this shirt. The pattern is perfect so I plan on making more this new year. I love it when I have a pattern just like I like it.

Missy is overseeing my project and catching any mistakes is high on her list.

I have several projects I am working on baby Bertha (aka the table top loom pictured here.) 

I am trying to finish up the mug rugs. Next to it is my Christmas day cast on which is a shawl that will be worn around my neck as a scarf. Next to that is a small sweater with a penguin on it. Just for fun I would like to make them all, I think there are seven or eight in the set.

I have done some spinning to try to finish this spin since I'm so close to the end of it. Then on to a different spin. I am also weaving.

We are still working on our puzzle. A puzzle would be a good winter fun activity to do inside where it is warm.

I think for a New Year's goal learning more frugal ways is on my important list. There is always more to learn and ways to save.

What are your goals and your frugal thoughts for this coming year?

Missy says relaxing with her toy is high on the list so she is encouraging you all to find time to slow down and smell the catnip...or roses.

6 comments:

  1. HI BECKY: ARGENTINA SE HA VUELTO UN PAIS MUY MUY CARO, EL AZUCAR, LOS HUEVOS, EL ACEITE, LA HARINA, LOS VEGETALES, LA CARNE , LA LECHE ECT. HAN AUMENTADO MUCHO, EL DINERO CADA VEZ ES MAS ESCASO, GASTO MAS EN COMIDA YA QUE TODAS LAS SEMANAS AUMENTAN LOS PRECIOS, MI EPOSO Y YYO YA ESTAMOS JUBILADOS ASI QUE TE IMAGINARAS QUE NUESTRO SUELDOS SON BAJOS, GRACIAS A DIOS QUE EL ME DA SABIDURIA PARA ARREGLARNOS CON POCO, TAMBIEN COSO Y TEJO, TRATO DE MANTENER A MI FAMILIA LO MEJOR QUE SE PUEDA Y CON POCO, DICEN LOS EXPERTOS, QUE ESTE AÑO SERA MUY DIFICIL EN AMERICA LKATINA, EN EUROPA Y OTROS PAISES MUY POBRES, YA QUE LA INFLACION SERA MUY ALTA Y EL DINERO ESCASEARA, HABRA RECESION Y FALTA DE TRABAJO EN MUCHOS PAISES, SERA UN AÑO DIFICIL PARA MUCHOS. VIVIREMOS DE ACUERDO A NUESTRAS NECESIDADES SABEMOS QUE DIOS NO NOS ABANDONARA, NUNCA LO HA HECHO. AYER 8 DE ENERO, CUMPLI 63 AÑOS, MI ESPOSO HIZO 12 PIZZAS A LA PARRILLA HE HICIMOS SANWICH DE POLLO CON QUESO CHEDAR Y TOMATE, MUY RICOS, TENGO UNA GRAN FAMILIA EXTENDIDA Y COMIERON UN MONTON. PASA POR MI BLOG CUANDO TENGAS TIEMPO. TE ENVIO UN ABRAZO Y TE DESEO UN MUY BENDECIDO 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi my bday is January seventh just the day before yours i turned 67. Yes i know the groceries are wicked high and going higher they are saying this year will be really be hard we will have all find even more frugal ways for sure. I love all you do and what a wonderful family you have i loved seeing your site.

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ AND THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy birthday to you as well birthday buddy

      Delete
  3. The shirt is really cute. I love the sleeve type. Makes it easy to make this in 3/4 and full length. The raccoon material is darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it could be I would love 3/4 length it is my fav but I only had a yard to work with and so I was scrimping it out. I love the racoon fabric I was way lucky I had just enough sleeve fabric to make the sleeves too. Thank you... pretty sure Missy wanting a matching one but no left over fabric

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...