Monday, April 10, 2023

Monday Message

"Preparedness, when properly pursued, is a way of life, not a sudden, spectacular program. We could refer to all the components of personal and family preparedness, not in relation to holocaust or disaster, but in cultivating a life-style that is on a day-to-day basis its own reward." (President Spencer W. Kimball)

Developing our storage is a good lifestyle for sure. It doesn't hurt anyone, just takes a little work on our part. If bad times comes for us or not, we are able to feed our family and neighbors.

Just pick up an item every time you are in a store. Rotate your storage and when you are sick or storms of life hit, you can stay home knowing you are prepared.

Day 23 today, March 29th, of being sick here. I was hoping to say I was better by now... This reminds me of a few years ago when there was a thirty day strain that came through.

I haven't done much but make froggie a pair of pants. I saw them on this video - https://www.instagram.com/p/CqI4tReolNy/ Of course there was no pattern, I just made it up as I went, not as good as she does.


At some point I want to make a crew neck sweater for him. I do have a pattern for that. Hope she comes out with the trousers pattern, though I kind of came close.


That is the kind of thing one does when they are sick.

I did get seeds planted indoors, it about did me in but they are tended.

I also have been reviewing the Toyota knitting machine studying to build this skill.

Being sick has really hampered my getting things done. Which doesn't make me a happy camper. But I could manage these things so at least there is that.

I am hoping to be better by the next Monday Message I write.

This coming weekend is our Church's general conference (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) which we get on TV so I am looking forward to that so much. Our tradition is to have chili and cinnamon rolls.

The other thing I like to have is a knitting project to knit while watching it. Today I will get my sock tubes staged to work on heels and toes.


So that is today's project to ready them so I can just pick up one and finish and then the next and so forth, today will be getting them separated for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUDxTb2jeV8 - I wanted to have you who are wanting to learn to sew check out this series, she teachings you to sew. It's free, all you have to do is watch. She is just at the beginning of it. She is teaching you about the sewing machine. You might not have the same as her but that is okay, she covers them generally as well.

Missy in her new bag says keep working on storage and skills. She says take time to rest in a bag if you can.

I did not think she would accept a new bag but she went right in and took a nap....she knows a thing or two about resting!

8 comments:

  1. thanks for the info Becky...the cinnamon buns sure look tasty...hope your better by next week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m loving your dapper little frog! You’re very talented with everything you do! Your able assistant is the cats pajamas, too! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLA BECKY: GRACIAS POR TUS ORACIONES QUERIDA, AUNQUE TODAVIA ESTAMOS TENIENDO UN VIRUS EN LOS INTESTINOS CASI TODA LA FAMILIA, ESTAMOS MEJORANDO DIA A DIA, HACE MAS DE 10 DIAS QUE SE INSTALO ESTE VIRUS MALO EN NUESTRO HOGAR Y HA HECHO ESTRAGOS EN NUESTRA SALUD, SEGUIMOS CON DOLORES Y HACEMOS DIETAS, ESPERAMOS DIOS MEDIANTE PODER ESTAR MUCHO MEJOR EN LOS PROXIMOS DIAS, ESTOY ALGO ESTRESADA CON TANTOS INTEGRANTES ENFERMOS, DIOS ME HA DADO MUCHA SABIDURIA PARA NO ENTRAR EN PANICO, MI ESPOSO ES UNA GRAN AYUDA, EL HA HECHO MUCHO EN NUESTRO HOGAR PARA QUE TODOS ESTEMOS MEJOR. PUDIMOS MANDAR A ARREGLAR NUESTRA PC, ANTES TE ENVIE UN MENSAJE DESDE MI CELULAR, EL ARREGLO COSTO MUY CARO, NO ESTABA EN NUESTROS PLANES TENER ESE GASTO EXCESIVO MAS LOS REMEDIOS QUE ESTAN TOMANDO LOS CHICOS, SERA UN ABRIL MUY AJUSTADO SI A ESTO LE SUMAMOS LOS AUMENTOS CADA SEMANA DE LOS COMESTIBLES. ESPERO QUE TU TAMBIEN TE RECUPERES PRONTO. BENDICIONES DESDE BUENOS AIRES.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...