Monday, June 12, 2023

Monday Message

"A cardinal principle of the gospel is to prepare for the day of scarcity. Work, industry, frugality are part of the royal order of life." (Bishop Keith B. McMullin)

How are you doing on your gardens or potted plants?

Here is ours. So far doing well. It loved the downpours we got yesterday.

Remember when we got those two days of a late freeze and I worried we would get no peaches...

I need not have worried. The tree is loaded with peaches so much so we have had to already support a branch...yay!

So here's an update on Missy and Tippy Longstockings - they are doing well, Missy is hissing not as much as she was in the beginning.



Just a few pics to show Missy is starting to warm up. I love the one where they are looking into each others eyes, no hissing on Missy's part, just having the standard sibling stare down. Tippy (Longstockings) doesn't hiss. She looks like she is copying Missy at the bottom of the bed, fun antics :p Every cat has to pay a cat tax by having a photoshoot.

Then being frugal, I just was messing with cardboard boxes to make cardboard of fun.


Is it fun? you ask. I think it is....

My week has been filled with the standard doctor appointments and eye exams, which I hate but my husband is okay with. I don't like the fuzzy eye stuff that stays with me for hours.

So now that those are done, I did a bit more organizing. Still have a bookshelf to straighten and a wicker dresser housing stuff for embroidery to organize. I did put together a basket to carry up or down stairs to work on embroidery.

I know it seems I talk about organizing a lot. With fibromyalgia, I am always trying to streamline  things to make my chores easier.

I did start a batch of yogurt.

I also made a batch of granola. I don't eat it much, just to sprinkle over yogurt so was going to pick up a package, how much could it cost? Oh my word, it is very costly. so I did my own. My husband loves it, he likes the fruits in it and etc. but I used my healthier version where you just mix apple juice and stir like you do the regular. I added pecans halfway through and added cinnamon when done. I have other recipes that call for yummier things but this one is good too. I kept this jar out for sprinkling on yogurt and the rest I put the goodies in my husband likes. All for really really less cost than the store for way way more in amount.

So keep looking for those frugal things that can help your family. I could have bought the bag of granola, that would have been easier but by pushing on doing my own, I save that money to use elsewhere on my grocery list. So far not noticing prices coming down yet, so we keep doing the best we can, right? Yes, we do!

Missy says when you find a favorite frugal thing like a well-used grocery bag stick with it, own it :p

Tippy Longstockings says frugal is not a bad thing at all. It saves our budget and we can get priorities right. Continue to be frugal.

14 comments:

  1. HI BECKY: ME GUSTAN MUCHO LOS DURAZNOS, SON TAN RICOS, AQUI EN EL VERANO CONSUMIMOS MUCHO, Y LOS QUE VIENEN EN LATAS SON MAS RICOS. TU JARDIN SE VE MUY FRUCTIFERO, TE FELICITO. ¿PASAS POR MI BLOG? HICE UNA PUBLICACION SOBRE NUESTRO ANIVERSARIO Y ALGO DE COSTURA. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy anniversary I remember your anniversary is close to ours we celebrate our 49th on Thursday June 15th. Our peach tree is loaded we now have three braces helping with weight of fruit.

      Delete
  2. I *love* your cat houses! Such funny things we can do to amuse them. My cat has an outdoor house, a wooden dog kennel from a friend who died. I put straw in and my cat spends his nights there and often his afternoons as well, napping. :)
    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww he has a motel outside how cute I love
      Critters

      Delete
  3. love hearing about your kitties, they are very wise. love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very smart we love you coming to our blog thank you

      Delete
  4. cute ideas for the cats ...mine use to love boxes...or knitting baskets..

    ReplyDelete
  5. the gardens look great so does the peach tree hope your hard work was all worth it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I sure hope they produce the peaches were a big surprise I did not think after those two days of freeze I would not get any.

      Delete
  6. FELIZ ANIVERSARIO BECKY Y ESPOSO, DIOS LOS SIGA BENDICIENDO CON MUCHOS AÑOS MAS, ESTAS A UN PASO DE CUMPLIR LAS BODAS DE ORO(50 AÑOS DE MATRIMONIO) TODA UNA VIDA JUNTOS. UN ABRAZO A LA DISTANCIA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it has been a good 49 years with more to come I hope many more for you as well

      Delete
  7. Hisses need kisses is what I always say lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she loves kisses tippy doesn't know what kisses were so teaching her them too

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...