Monday, July 31, 2023

Monday Message

"Those families will be fortunate who, in the last days, have an adequate supply of food because of their foresight and ability to produce their own." (Ezra Taft Benson)

It is a busy time with gardens and putting up food.  

It is good to put up food for winter months. If you cannot dehydrate or can food, look into freezing it.

https://extension.missouri.edu/publications/gh1503#:~:text=After%20vegetables%20are%20blanched%2C%20cooled,Seal%20tightly%2C%20label%20and%20freeze - here is some information on freezing foods.

We just all have to do the best we can with what we have.

Besides tending the garden this week, I decided to clear my closet.

It was hard work but cleared it of things no longer fitting me. So I took the clothing to the pantry, they do a great service. It is like a big yard sale only free for anyone who would like it.

Well, I was hurting but the next day I did my husband's closet. Those I will take to the same place in the morning (Saturday). They are only open certain times a few days a week, all who run it are volunteers.

Really, we don't have regular closets as our house was built in 1879. Needless to say, really hurting now but glad it is tended.

I have started a third dress, hopefully it will be done soon. You can see the fabric for it at the top of the page. This shows the red truck I would like to make into a pincushion.

It really has been a busy time.

We have heat coming next week so I have been planning some cooking ahead for when I don't want to heat up the house. Today I made granola so that will be done.

What do you find yourself doing when it is awful hot outside?

If I am rested enough maybe I will tend to some working in the basement. It is cool down there so that might be my plans.

This week we found a sturdy table to use for the sock machine. My husband had to make a small adjustment to the table and this is kind of taken in the middle of switching. You remember I worked in the sewing room, this was just after that. I was setting up a water color area for me to work better at so this was in the midst of that as the white cart had watercolor stuff on it but with an area I moved stuff there freeing up this cart which I then....

...filled with my embroidery supplies and the brown cart next to it has my bobbin lace supplies in it.


So now I have a spot to watercolor. I have my stuff here so now I think I am done playing musical carts.

I also think I will take a break from cleaning and organizing.

Missy says take a break read up on skills.

Tippy Longstockings says oh my! Don't work too hard in this heat!

2 comments:

  1. so glad your taking a break just too hot for heavy work...love the places you are organizing for your hobbies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I need to just be able to go to the area and do what I want I don't have it in me to drag things out with the fibromyalgia same with kitchen that is why mixers etc are out even tho kitchen is small....

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...